* One hour lap swim is held at the Kenai pool.
* Lap swim is held at the Soldotna pool until 8 a.m.
* Swimming lessons, and lap swim are held at the Nikiski pool, and the hot tub is open until noon. Open swim is held until 5 p.m.
* Alcoholics Anonymous "As Bill Sees It" group meets at the Unity Recovery Service Club on Peninsula Avenue in Kenai. Call the club at 283-2827 or Cindy T. at 283-1419.
* TOPS AK No. 189 meets in the green room at the Kenai Senior Center. For more information, call 283-4156.
* TOPS meets at the Nikiski pool. For more information, call 776-5688 or 776-5518.
* TOPS meets in the Ninilchik Senior Center until noon. For more information, call Arlene at 567-3450.
* Soldotna Chamber of Commerce meets at the Riverside House in Soldotna. For more information, call 262-9814.
* TOPS AK No. 164 meets at Christ Lutheran Church. For more information, call 260-3966.
* Alcoholics Anonymous meets at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. For more information, call 262-2496.
* Open skate at the new Kenai Ice Rink until 2:30 p.m.
* Changing Patterns, an educational support group for women experiencing negative emotional patterns in their daily lives or substance abuse meets at the Women's Resource and Crisis Center at 325 South Spruce Street in Kenai. There is a $5 fee for each class. Scholarships are available. For more information, call 283-9479.
* RID Alaska, a local child sexual abuse prevention organization, has its chapter meeting the last Tuesday of each month at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. For more information, call 283-5920.
* The Soldotna Silver Salmon Swim Team winter practice schedule at the Soldotna High School pool is from 3-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Anyone from 7 to 18 years old interested can come by or call 262-7419.
* U.S.S. Swim Team practice at Skyview Pool until 6:15 p.m.
* TOPS meets at the Nikiski pool until 6:30 p.m. For more information, call Arivalla at 776-5518.
* Alcoholics Anonymous Happy Hour group meets at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. No smoking is allowed. For more information, call 262-2724.
* One hour practice is held for Piranhas Swim Club at the Kenai pool.
* Open swim is held at the Nikiski pool until 8 p.m.
* Positive Transitions, a support group for women focusing on healthy changes for more positive living, meets at the Transitional Living Center at 403 North Gill in Kenai. For more information, call 283-2069.
* TOPS No. 159 meets at the Christ Lutheran Church. For more information, call 262-5695.
* Masters' fitness workouts are held at Skyview Pool until 8 p.m.
* Table Tennis Tournaments are held at the Teen Center.
* Square dancing lessons are held at Kalifornsky Beach Elementary School. For more information, call Dee at 283-5602.
* Water aerobics is held at the Nikiski pool until 8:45 p.m.
* Narcotics Anonymous meets at the Unity Recovery Service Club on Peninsula Avenue in Kenai until 9:30 p.m.
The Community Calendar lists events and meetings of nonprofit organizations. Deadline for submissions is noon the preceding work day. To have your organization's event or meeting listed, call 283-7551 or fax your information to 283-3299.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.