We the people of the United States, in order to form a more perfect union, establish justice, insure domestic tranquility, provide for the common defense, promote the general welfare, and to secure the blessings of liberty to ourselves and to our prosperity, do ordain and establish this Constitution for the United States of America. Article II Section 4: The President, Vice President and all civil officers of the United States, shall be removed from office on impeachment for, and conviction of, treason, bribery, or other high crimes and misdemeanors.
George Bush and Dick Cheney are worthy of impeachment for committing offenses against the Constitution and against U.S. citizens.
* Launching an illegal "War of Aggression" against Iraq without cause, using fraud to sell the war to Congress and the public.
* Violating U.S. and international law by authorizing torture of captives, resulting in dozens of deaths.
* Detaining Americans, without due process, and without access to counsel.
* Targeting civilians, journalists, hospitals and ambulances and using illegal weapons, which violate the Geneva Convention.
* Widespread wiretapping of phone calls and e-mails of Americans without a warrant.
* Using many "Signing Statements" to defy hundreds of laws passed by Congress.
* Obstructing honest elections in past years.
* Using paid propaganda and disinformation, selectively and misleadingly leaking classified information exposing the identity of a covert CIA operative.
* Asserting a "Unitary Executive Authority" in order to obstruct efforts by Congress and the courts to review and restrict.
* Negligence in failing to assist New Orleans residents after Hurricane Katrina and ignoring urgent warnings of an Al Qaeda attack prior to Sept. 11, 2001.
Therefore, we the people call upon Congress to immediately commence impeachment proceedings on President George Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.