* One hour lap swim is held at the Kenai pool.
* Lap swim is held at the Soldotna pool until 8 a.m.
* Open swim is held at the Nikiski pool until 5 p.m.
* Water aerobics and exercise hour at the Skyview pool until 8:30 a.m.
* Alcoholics Anonymous "As Bill Sees It" group meets at the Unity Recovery Service Club on Peninsula Avenue in Kenai. For more information, call the club at 283-2827 or Cindy at 283-1419.
* Story hour is held at the Soldotna Public Library until 11 a.m. For more information, call 262-4227.
* Story time for toddlers is held at the Kenai Community Library. For more information, call 283-4378.
* The Kenai Peninsula Borough's Office of Emergency Management will conduct its monthly alert siren test tomorrow. The test will run for approximately two minutes, and will consist of a series of tones.
* Open skate at the new Kenai Ice Rink until 2:30 p.m.
* Kenai Chamber of Commerce meets at Paradisos Restaurant in Kenai. For more information, call 283-7989.
* Alcoholics Anonymous meets at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. For more information, call 262-2496.
* Routine immunizations are available at the Kenai Public Health Center until 4 p.m. There is no charge for children. For more information, call 283-4871.
* Afternoon water polo at the Skyview Pool until 4:15 p.m.
* The Soldotna Silver Salmon Swim Team winter practice schedule at the Soldotna High School pool is from 3-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Anyone from 7 to 18 years old interested can come by or call 262-7419.
* Freedom from Smoking Support Group meets Wednesday evenings at the Bridges Community Resources Network. For more information, contact Patti Truesdell at 260-3682.
* Kami, a support group for family members of people with chronic mental illness, meets at the Community Outreach Program facility in Soldotna. For more information, call 260-3691.
* Alcoholics Anonymous Happy Hour group meets at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. No smoking is allowed. For more information, call 262-2724.
* Big Brothers/Big Sisters of the Central Peninsula holds its advisory council meeting at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. For more information, call Joe at 260-4853.
* Women's Resource and Crisis Center Board meeting is held at the center.
* Lap swim is held at the Skyview pool until 7 p.m.
* One hour water aerobics is held at the Kenai pool.
* One hour lap swim is held at the Soldotna pool.
* Open swim is held at the Nikiski pool until 8 p.m.
* Alcoholics Anonymous, Butterfly Group, meets at the Unity Recovery Service Club on Peninsula Avenue in Kenai Club. This is an open meeting for women and is nonsmoking.
* Open swim and lap swim are held at the Nikiski pool until 8 p.m.
* Open swim is held at the Kenai pool until 8:45 p.m.
* Open swim is held at the Soldotna pool until 9 p.m.
* The Seward Scottish Rite meets at the Katmai Restaurant. For more information, call 262-4806.
* The Kenai Peninsula Outdoors Club meets at the Homer Electric Association office in Kenai. For more information, call Todd or Jan Stone at 283-8426.
* Kenai Vet Center Combat Group meets at the Kenai Veterans Center. For more information, call 283-5205.
* The Cancer Support Group meets at Central Peninsula General Hospital Annex in Soldotna. For more information, call Kathy at 262-8114.
* Women for Sobriety meets at the Transitional Living Center in Kenai. For more information, call 283-2069.
* Alcoholics Anonymous meets at United Methodist Church in Kenai until 9:30 p.m. Smoking is not allowed. For more information, call Tia at 283-5920.
* Narcotics Anonymous meets until 9:30 p.m. in room 3 in the former Family Recovery Center in Central Peninsula General Hospital.
The Community Calendar lists events and meetings of nonprofit organizations. Deadline for submissions is noon the preceding work day. To have your organization's event or meeting listed, call 283-7551 or fax your information to 283-3299.
Today 1 p.m.
The House Resources Committee will hold a public hearing on HB 403 - Non-tank vessels Oil Discharge Plans. Three minute testimony limit.
The House Labor and Commerce Committee will hold a public hearing on HB 369 - Property Exemptions, HB 380 - Insurer Tax Credit: Fire Standards Council and HB 382 - Social Worker Licensing. Testimony will be taken.
The Legislative Information Office is located at 145 Main Street Loop, Suite 217 in Kenai. For more information on teleconferences, call 283-2030.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us