Today 1:30 p.m.
The Senate Transportation Committee will hold a public hearing on the following: SB 235 Approving Transfer of Railroad Land, Executive Order 101 and SJR 38 Alaska Canada Rail Feasibility Study.
There will be a three minute limit on testimony.
The Legislative Information Office is located at 145 Main Street Loop, Suite 217 in Kenai. For more information on teleconferences, call 283-2030.
* One hour lap swim is held at the Kenai pool.
* Lap swim is held at the Soldotna pool until 8 a.m.
* Open swim is held at the Nikiski pool until 5 p.m.
* Lap swim is held at the Kenai pool until 8 a.m.
* Water exercise hour is held at the Skyview pool.
* Alcoholics Anonymous "As Bill Sees It" group meets at the Unity Recovery Service Club on Peninsula Avenue in Kenai. Call the club at 283-2827 or Cindy T. at 283-1419.
* Kenai Community Library has preschool story time at 10:30 a.m. For more information, call 283-4378.
* The Kenai Peninsula Borough's Office of Emergency Management will conduct its monthly alert siren test at noon. * Alcoholics Anonymous meets at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. This is an open meeting. For more information, call 262-2496.
* Open skate at the new Kenai Ice Rink until 2:30 p.m.
* Parenting for Women meets at the Women's Resource and Crisis Center. There is a $5 fee for the class. Scholarships are available. For more information, call 283-9479.
* Routine immunizations are available at the Soldotna Elks Club until 4 p.m. For more information, call the Kenai Public Health Center at 283-4871.
* A domestic violence support group for women meets at the Women's Resource and Crisis Center in Kenai. For more information, call 283-9479.
* The Soldotna Silver Salmon Swim Team winter practice schedule at the Soldotna High School pool is from 3-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Anyone from 7 to 18 years old interested can come by or call 262-7419.
* U.S.S. Swim Team practice at Skyview Pool until 6:15 p.m.
* Alcoholics Anonymous Unity group meets at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. No smoking is allowed. For more information, call 262-2764.
* The Soldotna Parent Support group meets at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. For more information, call 260-3800.
* Practice is held for Piranhas Swim Club until 7 p.m.
* Open swim is held at the Nikiski pool until 8 p.m.
* Emotions Anonymous meets at the Unity Recovery Service Club, 513 Peninsula Ave. in Kenai. For more information, call Mark at 283-2293.
* The writer's group meets the Kenai Community Library. Sitka author John Straley will give a presentation at 7 p.m. For more information, call Virginia at 283-4378.
* Masters' fitness workouts are held at Skyview Pool until 8 p.m.
* TOPS AK No. 20 meets at the Borough building in Soldotna. For more information, call 262-1557.
* Parenting for Women meets at the Women's Resource and Crisis Center in Kenai from until 9 p.m. For more information, call 283-9479.
* Eight-ball tournaments are held at the Teen Center.
* Kenai Peninsula ABATE meets every other Thursday at the King's Inn. For more information, call Bud at 283-1655.
* Water aerobics are held at the Nikiski pool until 8:45 p.m.
* North Star Al-Anon meets Thursdays at the North Star United Methodist Church in Nikiski, Mile 24.5 of the Kenai Spur Hwy.
The Community Calendar lists events and meetings of nonprofit organizations. Deadline for submissions is noon the preceding work day. To have your organization's event or meeting listed, call 283-7551 or fax your information to 283-3299.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.