* Kenai Senior Connection Inc. and the Kenai Performers will present "Hot Knights" Friday and Saturday at the Kenai Senior Center. Dinner is at 7 p.m., and the play begins at 8 p.m. The cost is $30 for dinner and the show. There will be a no-host bar. Tickets are available at Charlotte's and Already Read Books in Kenai and River City Books in Soldotna. For more information, call 283-4156 or 283-4001.
* The Performing Arts Society will present a concert of music for voice, guitar and lute by Mari Hahn and Roland Stearns, artists from the University of Alaska Anchorage. The program features rarely performed music by composers such as Fernando Sor, John Dowland, Johannes Brahms and Claudio Monteverdi. Hahn and Stearns' international concert tour begins at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna. Tickets are available at the door or at River City Books, North Country Fair, Sweeney's, Already Read Books and the Funky Monkey. Admission is $15 or $5 for students.
* Artists Without Borders presents their February group show, "Creatures Large and Small" in the 4D Professional Building on the corner of Marydale and the Kenai Spur Highway in Soldotna.
* Art Works in Soldotna will hold an artist reception for egg tempera artist Andy Hehnlin from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Artist Without Borders will present a solo show by Susan Anderson upstairs in the 4D Building in Soldotna. A reception for Anderson will be held from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m.
* Coffee Roasters will host the Tustumena 200 and Kenai Peninsula College photography student competition from 4:30 to 6 p.m. today. Awards presentation will be held at 5:30 p.m. The photos will be on exhibit until March 26.
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street location in Soldotna will host an artist reception from 5 to 7 p.m. for Genevieve Klebba. Her work, "This Season That We Call Winter," will be on display through the end of the month; and the artist of the month at it Sterling Highway location is Jeremy Reeve.
* Kenai Peninsula College will host a Chris Jenness exhibit titled "Details" from 4:30 to 6 p.m. Friday.
* The Funkey Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai will host and artist reception from 6 to 8 p.m. today of "Sam's Alaskatography, Nature and Wildlife Photography." The photographs will be up through March 27.
* The Soldotna Senior Citizens Center will host the art work of Corinne Fairchild through the end of the month. The centers is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday thorough Friday.
* The Nikiski Community Rec Center holds arts and crafts class from 4 to 5:15 p.m. Fridays at the center. Youth in grades one through six may participate. Preregistration is not required. The cost is $3 a class. For more information, call 776-8800.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call Dave at 262-5125.
* An artist reception for the biennial judged exhibit will be held at 6:30 p.m. Friday at the Kenai Fine Arts Center, 816 Cook St. in Old Town Kenai. The center is open from noon to 6 p.m. Mondays through Saturdays. For more information, call 283-7040.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listings, call 262-7021.
* American Legion Post No. 20 will host Bull Don and the Moose Nuggets from 9 p.m. to 1 p.m. Friday.
* AMVETS Post No. 4 holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and karaoke with Chris and Nita at 8 p.m. Saturdays. On Sunday the Alaska Poker Association will hold a spaghetti dinner at 4 p.m. Free Texas Hold 'Em, will be available and the top three winners will get tickets to the Fur Rondy tournament. The cost for dinner is $25 per person.
* Bluegrass jam sessions are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. Sessions on the first Thursday of the month are at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna.
* Hooligan's in Soldotna has music by the Free Beer Band on Monday nights; karaoke Wednesday nights; 150 Grit on Thursday nights; and live music Friday and Saturday nights.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has karaoke at 9 p.m. Sundays; free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays; pool league at 7 p.m. Tuesdays; and live music with Tuff E Nuff from 10:30 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts Sean and Travis B. at 9 p.m. Thursday; and the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Ian's DJ Service. Dancing until 4 a.m.
* Veronica's in Kenai holds open mic from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday; and Saturday Sue Biggs and Jack Will will play at 6:30 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mentalist Christopher Carter will appear at 7:30 p.m. March 13 in the Ward Building at Kenai Peninsula College. Chris Pepper will open the show. Tickets are available at the door for $12 general admission and $10.00 with a valid student ID.
* The Central Peninsula Writers' will sponsor its 12th annual Writers Present at 4 p.m. March 14 at Triumvirate Theater in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. For more information, e-mail Virginia Walters at firstname.lastname@example.org.
* World Music for the Kenai will host Jake Shima-bukuro,aone-of-a-kind phenomenon,thejimi-kaki-king-hendrix of the ukulele at 7:30 p.m. March 28at Peninsula Grace Auditorium, 44175 Kalifornsky Beach Road. Tickets will be available only at the door on day of show. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. The price of admission is $23 general admission; $20 seniors, students, veterans and KDLL members; $15 teens with an adult; $15; or $50 family pack. For more information, call Michael Morgan at 262-6548 or e-mail email@example.com.
* Afternoon High Tea, catered by Charlotte's, will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. April 5 at the Kenai Merit Inn. The event is a fundraiser for Friends of the Kenai Library. Tickets are available at the Kenai Community Library or from library board members.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for weekly listings and show times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for weekly listings and show times.
* Gallery Turquoise at Mile 49.5 of the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing is open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment by calling 907-595-1434.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is at 3779 Bartlett St. For more information, call 907-235-8635 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to us at email@example.com, faxed to 283-3299 or dropped off at the Clarion office at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.