Today 9 a.m.
The House State Affairs Committee will hold a public hearing on HB 297 - Certificate of Need. Three minute testimony limit.
The House Resources Committee will hold a public hearing on HB 204 - Elk Farming, HB 58 - Oil and Gas Audits, HB 344 - Department of Natural Resources and Alaska Hard Rock Land Exchange and HB 403 - Non-tank Vessels Oil Discharge Plans. Testimony will be taken
The House Labor and Commerce Committee will hold a public hearing on SB 176 - Sex Discrimination in health clubs, HB 247 - Nonprofit Corporations and HB 370 - Exemption from minimum wage for teenagers. Three minute testimony limit.
The House Fisheries Committee will hold a public hearing on HB 363 - Salmon Price Reports. Three minute testimony limit.
The Legislative Information Office is located at 145 Main Street Loop, Suite 217 in Kenai. For more information on teleconferences, call 283-2030.
* One hour lap swim is held at the Kenai pool.
* Lap swim is held at the Soldotna pool until 8 a.m.
* Water aerobics and exercise hour at the Skyview pool until 8:30 a.m.
* Alcoholics Anonymous "As Bill Sees It" group meets at the Unity Recovery Service Club on Peninsula Avenue in Kenai. For more information, call the club at 283-2827 or Cindy T. at 283-1419.
* Lap swim is held at the Homer pool until 12:30 p.m.
* Alcoholics Anonymous meets at Bridges Community Resource Network in Soldotna. For more information call 262-2496.
* Overcomers Outreach meets at Kenai Christian Church. For more information, call MaryJane at 283-5222.
* Open skate at the new Kenai Ice Rink until 2:30 p.m.
* Routine immunizations are available free for children at the Kenai Public Health Center until 4 p.m. For more information, call 283-4871.
* The Soldotna Silver Salmon Swim Team winter practice schedule at the Soldotna High School pool is from 3-5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Anyone from 7 to 18 years old interested can come by or call 262-7419.
* Evening lap swim is held at the Skyview pool until 7 p.m.
* Alcoholics Anonymous Happy Hour group meets at Bridges Community Resource Network. No smoking is allowed. For more information, call 262-2724.
* One hour lap swim is held at the Soldotna pool.
* One hour water aerobics is held at the Kenai pool.
* Tsalteshi Trai Association will have master's ski group at the trails behind Skyview High School. All intermediate and advanced skiers are welcome to join in. For more information, call 262-6257.
* TOPS (Taking Off Pounds Sensibly) meets in Sterling in the white four-plex behind John Cook's Tesoro. For more information, call 262-7319.
* Changing Patterns meets at the Women's Resource and Crisis Center in Kenai until 9 p.m. For more information, call 283-9479.
* TOPS AK No. 129 meets at the Kenai Mall in the beauty shop. Weigh-in is at 6:45 p.m. For more information, call 283-7026.
* Open swim is held at the Kenai pool until 8:45 p.m.
* Open swim is held at the Soldotna pool until 9 p.m.
* Special Olympics is held at the Skyview pool until 8:30 p.m.
* Movie Madness night is held at the Teen Center.
* Gamblers Anonymous meets at the Central Peninsula General Hospital in room 2 of the former Family Recovery Center. For more information, call Brenda at 260-3215.
* Monday night support group is held until 9 p.m. at the Women's Resource and Crisis Center in Kenai. For more information, call 283-9479.
* Al-Anon family support group meets in the Central Peninsula General Hospital basement in the Iliamna Room. For more information, call 262-9231.
* Alcoholics Anonymous Into Action group meets in the basement of the Soldotna Veterans of Foreign Wars at 134 Birch St. For more information, call Barb at 262-5696.
The Community Calendar lists events and meetings of nonprofit organizations. Deadline for submissions is noon the preceding workday. To have your organization's event or meeting listed, call 283-7551 or fax your information to 283-3299.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.