Car wash letter evokes sympathetic response, tinged with indignation
I really feel sorry for Sherry Lewis, whose letter was printed in Friday's paper regarding the stupidity of the gentleman leaving his engine running in a Kenai car wash, as he tediously cleaned his vehicle.
She is right, in this day and age, you really don't know what to expect or how people react when confronted in any situation, so I can sympathize with her. I always figured (as I am sure she did) it was just a given that when those bay doors in the car wash were closed that meant, your engine gets shut off. I mean, DUH!
You don't leave your car running in a garage while you work on it without opening the door do you? For Pete's sake.
Apparently, the sweet little man that runs the new Kenai car wash needs now to post signs boldly all over the place telling people to "Never keep your car running while in the washing (or vacuum) bays, as asphyxiation may occur."
I don't care if it is a diesel truck, it still emits vapors that are noxious to human beings. Mrs. Lewis was trying very hard to be nice in her letter about the whole ordeal, and she ended up sick (physically) over it.
Mrs. Lewis, I do share your concern about the insensitivity/stupidity in this situation. Most people with half a brain wouldn't even think of leaving a vehicle running in a closed off area. Use your heads, people, cold or not, never leave a vehicle running when you're in a closed off area. That goes back to teaching in grade school. Unbelievable!
Kara Steele, Kenai
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us