What's new in your business?
Have you opened a new business, added a new product, moved to a new location, hired a new person or promoted an employee? The community wants to know, and so do we.
Send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 283-3299 or drop it off at the Clarion at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai.
Photos also will be considered. For more information, call Nan Misner at 335-1241.
Chambers set schedules
* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce's luncheon will be held at noon Tuesday at Froso's Restaurant. Featured speaker will be Dean Stewart, from USDA Rural Development. For more information, call Michelle Glaves at 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at the Kenai Merit Inn on Willow Street. The featured speaker will be Dean Stewart, from USDA Rural Development. For more information, call Tina Baldridge at 283-7989.
* The Nikiski Chamber of Commerce meets at noon Thursday at Nikiski Recreation Center. The featured speaker will be Gary Superman, speaking for the Alaska Cabaret, Hotel, Restaurant and Retailers Association. The March 13 speaker will be Bobby Riddell with Arctic Slope Regional Corp. For more information, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
The Nikiski chamber held its 2007 awards presentation Saturday. The winners were: Business of the Year, Judene VanCleve with OffShore Systems Kenai; Business Person of the Year, Scott Griffith; Community Service Award, Durainey Rawls; Youth Service Award, Dale Bakk; Longevity Award, Eileen Rinc and Sharron Burdick; and President's Choice Award, Scott Hamann.
New business products offered
Clifford Smith with Vip Alaska has added DOT and non-DOT drug and alcohol testing to his personnel support services business at 43530 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 4, in Soldotna. For more information, call Smith at 260-6599, fax him at 260-6590, e-mail him at email@example.com or go online at www.vipalaska.com.
Roy Mullin Photography reopened March 1 after its annual break. The studio is beginning it's 30th year in Soldotna and is located at 173 E. Redoubt Ave. For more information, call 262-2727 or visit roymullinphoto.com.
Robinson named new director of physical medicine
Teresa Robinson, PT, MBA, has been named director of physical medicine at Central Peninsula Hospital. She will be responsible for overseeing physical, occupational, speech and massage therapy, as well as healthy lifestyles, cardiac rehabilitation, diabetes education and the hospital's Soldotna and Kenai physical medicine clinics.
Business workshops offered
The Small Business Development Center will hold the following workshops at its center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12, in the Red Diamond Center:
* A business planning workshop will teach methods to establish budgets, monetary amounts or percentages and how to evaluate business successes and failures from 1 to 4 p.m. March 20. The fee is $20. The deadline to register is Monday.
* Quickbooks 2007 participants will learn to organize business data and to be prepared when tax time rolls around. The three-part class runs from 5 to 9 p.m. March 18, April 1 and 15. The fee is $125. The deadline to register is Monday.
For more information, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Children's cooking workshops offered
Children ages 6 to 12 may attend pint-size workshop cooking classes at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Petersen Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai. Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain during the 30-minute workshops.
For more information, call 262-3111.
To submit items to the Business page, e-mail them to email@example.com, fax them to 283-3299. The deadline for submissions is Monday at 5 p.m.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us