Greenland's Mala Johnsen and Inooraq Heilmann use their team uniforms to fend off snow coming from a snowblower at Alyeska Resort on Tuesday. Each team has a unique uniform that, like pins, becomes a hot trading commodity at the conclusion of the Arctic Winter Games.
Photo by M. Scott Moon
As you wander around town during the Arctic Winter Games seeing new faces, you may wonder how you can tell what teams those faces represent. Team Alaska is easy enough to identify, as their jackets say “Team Alaska” on the back in yellow writing with bright Northern Lights. What about the rest of them? Below you’ll find a listing of the colors found on each team’s jacket.
· Team Alaska: Blue with northern lights
· Team Northwest Territories: Navy blue
· Team Nunuvut: Red and yellow
· Team Yukon: Dark red
· Team Alberta North: Light blue
· Team Yamal: Red and white
· Team Greenland: Red
· Team Sami: Blue and yellow
· Team Nunuvik, Quebec: Dark gray
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us