* The 14th annual Writers Present will be held Saturday. Area writers will read their juried works at 7 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors Center. The Alaska Humanities Forum and National Endowment for the Humanities have provided funding to provide an honorium to each writer selected to read. Entrance fee is a $5 donation at the door. Light refreshments and door prizes will be available.
* Kenai Fine Arts Center's will have a Watercolor Paint Together Saturday from noon until 3 p.m. at its building in Old Town Kenai.
* The Sterling Senior Center will hold a Chinese dinner from 5 to 7 p.m. Saturday for $12.50 for adults or $7 for kids. For reservations, call the center at 262-6808.
* Sarah Glaves paintings at Art Works gallery in Soldotna
* Kenai Peninsula Outdoor Club has a photography show at the old Kaladi's on Kobuk
* Kenai Peninsula Photographer's Guild at the Kenai Visitor's and Cultural Center
* Kenai Peninsula Biennial Judged Exhibit "Meet the Artists" reception at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. Call 283-7040 for more information.
* Leanord Ball photography at Funky Monkey
* Odie's Deli's artist of the month is photographer Jeremy Reeve
* Gary L. Freeburg Gallery has watercolors by Garry Mealor on display to April
* Life Drawing classes will be held every other Thursday from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. until May, beginning Feb. 24. All artists are welcome to attend. There will be a $5 fee to pay for the model. Bring all necessary drawing supplies. For more information, please call 283-7040.
* The Vagabond Inn will have live music Friday by Mark LeBrell
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and music by Jack Will and Sue Biggs 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Tuesday; live music Thursday through Saturday from 10:30 p.m. to 3:30 .m.; and karaoke Sunday starting at 9 p.m..
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with DJ Mark Gage from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's Restaurant in Soldotna has music by Robb Justice Thursdays from 6:30 p.m. to 9:30 p.m. and Bob Ramponi on Fridays and Saturdays from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us