* The KPC Showcase presents a recital featuring Jane Sandstrom on flute and Jim Thaxter on trumpet, with pianist Maria Allison on Friday at 7:30 p.m. in the Ward Building. They will be playing a variety of music, everything from Rachmaninoff to Chopin.
* The Soldotna Toastmasters organization will host a speaking contest for members, guests and interested spectators at 6 p.m. March 11 at Froso's in Soldotna. For more information on Toastmasters visit http://www.toastmasters.org/.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center, 11471 Kenai Spur Highway, will host James L. Evenson of Nikiski who will present paintings, and Ahna Iredale of Homer who will present new ceramic works in a dual exhibit March 4 from 5 to 8 p.m. The exhibit will be installed through April 3.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* George's Casino bar will host a St. Patrick's Day party Friday and Saturday. Live music will be provided by "7 Days to Noon."
* The Funky Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai will host Wednesday nights Acoustic Song Circle and Jam Session from 6:30 to 8 p.m.
* "YETI" will be performing at Kenai Joe's on Friday call for times.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts; the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m. and at 6 p.m. free Poker Night with Texas Hold"em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The Hunger Hut at Mile 26.5 of the Kenai Spur Highway host karaoke with Shane and Sarah at 9 p.m. Saturdays.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in The Blazy Mall will host local musicians from 5 to 9 p.m. Fridays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has music by Bob Ramponi from 6:30 to 9:30 Friday and Saturday.
* Veronica's in Old Towne Kenai, will host open mic from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday.
* Vagabond Inn will host Lulu Small and Trish at 9 p.m. Saturday.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* Ripple Effect Film Series -- The second Thursday of each month at Kenai Peninsula College at 7:15 p.m. in room 115. Sometimes controversial, always thought provoking films that explore the connection to and impact on the planet. For more information, follow this link: http://chinook.kpc.alaska.edu/~naomi/images/Climate%20Change%20exhibit%20%20dialogue_1%2010.pdf or call Dave Atcheson at 262-0346 or e-mail email@example.com or call Krista Timlin at 262-0337 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* Trout Unlimited and The Renewable Resources Foundation are presenting a free screening of the award-winning film "Red Gold," celebrating the salmon way of life will be in shown March 17 at 7 p.m. at the Kenai Convention and Visitors Center and in Soldotna March 18 at 7 p.m. at the Triumvirate Theatre, in the Peninsula Center Mall. Red Gold, a 1-hour documentary film on the proposed Pebble Mine by acclaimed filmmakers Ben Knight and Travis Rummel, goes beyond the conflict, giving voice to commercial, subsistence and sport fishermen, as well as to mine officials.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us