The following non-profit organizations are seeking community members interested in lending a helping hand.
· The Triumvirate Used Bookstore is looking for volunteers to work three hours per week (Tuesday through Saturday, from noon to 3 p.m. or from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.) at the store in the Peninsula Center Mall. Volunteers are needed for shelving, organizing and selling books. For more information, call Rosie Reeder at 262-2908. The bookstore and art gallery support the Triumvirate Theatre in the same location.
· Kenai Peninsula Pop Warner board is seeking volunteers interested in serving on the local board. For more information, call Shelli Furlong at 252-7692 or Lee Young at 260-1901.
· Soldotna Little League is seeking coaches and umpires for the 2007 season. For more information or to volunteer, call 260-6650 or 398-7850 or 398-6363 for information.
· Kenai Peninsula Soccer Club is seeking coaches for its U-12 and U-15 boys teams. For more information, call Evelyn VanMeter at 262-1298, Shannon Grant at 283-9069 or visit www.kpsc.us
· The American Cancer Society’s Relay for Life is seeking volunteers for a volunteer coordinator and an opening and closing ceremonies chairman. The relay will be held June 1 and 2 at the Skyview High School track. For more information call Lisa at 262-6656 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
To have your volunteer requests listed, submit information to email@example.com or fax to 283-3299. For more information about this column, call 335-1241.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.