Photo courtesy of Cooper Landing
Shown having a great time at a Cooper Landing Community Hall St. Patrick’s Day party in the early 1950s are Helen Gwin and Harold Davis dancing on the left and Frank Towle and Betty Sundby on the right (he’s facing the camera looking down at short little Betty.) Frank was the first person to patent land in the Cooper Landing area -- first private property in 1932. Information submitted by Mona Painter for Cooper Landing Historical Society. The picture was one of several found stuck between community club logs when the building was taken apart and moved across the river in 1979.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us