What's new in your business?
Have you opened a new business, added a new product, moved to a new location, hired a new person or promoted an employee? The community wants to know, and so do we.
Send us your information at firstname.lastname@example.org, fax it to 283-3299 or drop it off at the Clarion at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. For more information, call 335-1241.
Chambers set schedules
* The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce's luncheon will be held at noon Tuesday at Froso's Restaurant. A spotlight on business and Student of the Month presentations are slated. For more information, call Michelle Glaves at 262-9814.
* The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at the Kenai Merit Inn on Willow Street. The featured speaker will be Donald Krohn with First National Bank Alaska. For more information, call Tina Baldridge at 283-7989.
* The Nikiski Chamber of Commerce meets at noon Thursday at Nikiski Recreation Center. The featured speaker will be Robert Peterkin. The March 28 speaker will be Dennis LeBlanc with CH2MHILL. For more information, call Scott Hamann at 776-7676.
Sleep apnea to be discussed
Dr. Jonathan McDonagh will discuss "Understanding Obstructive Sleep Apnea" at the Central Peninsula Hospital Dine and Discuss at 5:30 p.m. today in the Denali Room in the Mountain Tower.
Dinner will be served and a tour of the CPH sleep center is planned. Cost is $10 at the door. For more information, call Bonnie Nichols at 714-4500.
Realtors to meet
The Kenai Peninsula Association of Realtors will hold its monthly general membership meeting at 11:45 a.m. Friday at the Alaska Christian College Conference Center.
The topics will be a hospice fundraiser and a partnership with Habitat for Humanity.
After the meeting a class called "Understanding Appraisals" will be given by by Peggy Gulam. It is worth two elective credits.
The cost is $20 for nonmembers or free for members. For more information or to sign up for the class, call 262-1851.
CITS training offered
Mining and Petroleum Training Service, University of Alaska Anchorage, will hold a three-day Cook Inlet Training Standard for potential Cook Inlet platform workers March 27 through 29 at the MAPTS building at Kenai Peninsula College.
The cost of the class is $306. Registration is available by calling 262-0200 or in person at the MAPTS building.
Business workshops offered
The Small Business Development Center will hold the following workshops at its center at 43335 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 12, in the Red Diamond Center:
* Quickbooks 2007 participants will learn to organize business data and to be prepared when tax time rolls around. The three-part class runs from 5 to 9 p.m. April 8, 22 and May 6. The fee is $125. The deadline to register is Monday.
There are 15 spaces available.
* Budgeting Participants will learn methods to establish budgets, monetary amounts or percentages and how to evaluate successes and failures. The workshop will be held from 1:30 to 5 p.m. April 25. The fee is $25. The deadline to register is April 21.
For more information, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail email@example.com.
Children's cooking workshops offered
Children ages 6 to 12 may attend pint-size workshop cooking classes at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Petersen Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai. Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain during the 30-minute workshops. For more information, call 262-3111.
To submit items to the Business page, e-mail them to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 283-3299. The deadline for submissions is Monday at 5 p.m.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us