Current weather

  • Scattered clouds
  • 54°
    Scattered clouds

Anchorage man killed in fire

Posted: Tuesday, March 26, 2002

ANCHORAGE (AP) -- An Anchorage man was killed in a fire at his condominium early Monday.

Mitchell Graham, 49, was found dead on the couch in the living room of his home at about 8:45 a.m., fire officials said.

The fire was believed to have been caused by a burning cigarette and alcohol is believed to have been a factor in the incident, officials said.

Family members said Graham was suffering from terminal kidney and liver disease.

A smoke detector in the unit alerted other occupants of the building.



CONTACT US

  • 150 Trading Bay Rd, Kenai, AK 99611
  • Switchboard: 907-283-7551
  • Circulation and Delivery: 907-283-3584
  • Newsroom Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Business Fax: 907-283-3299
  • Accounts Receivable: 907-335-1257
  • View the Staff Directory
  • or Send feedback

ADVERTISING

SUBSCRIBER SERVICES

SOCIAL NETWORKING

MORRIS ALASKA NEWS