* The comedy "Eight Stars of Gold: 3,000 Years of History in 3,000 Seconds", will be shown at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday at the Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna. The cost is $7 for adults and $3 for students. For more information visit www.triumviratetheatre.org.
A dinner theatre production of the show will be held April 9 at the Funky Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai. Call 283-6659 for time and cost.
* On Saturday at 4 p.m. at the Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna, the documentary, "Trails North:One Girl's Quest to Win the Junior Iditarod," directed by Joe Rizzo, narrated by Miranda Rizzo and filmed by Bob Mabrey will be shown. Running time is approximately 28 minutes. It is free and family rated. (See story this page.)
* World Music for the Kenai, Kenai Peninsula College and KDLL radio will host Jake Shimabukuro and special guest Linda Thiele at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Peninsula Grace Auditorium, 44175 Kalifornsky Beach Road. Tickets will be available at the door on day of show. Doors open at 6:45 p.m. The price of admission is $23 general admission; $20 seniors, students, veterans and KDLL members; $15 teens with an adult; or $50 family pack. For more information, call Michael Morgan at 262-6548 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
* On Saturday from 8:30 until 11:30 p.m. the Friends of the Kenai Library will host a dance at the American Legion Hall in Old Towne Kenai. Tickets are $10 per person and are available at the library or at the door. Music will be provide by Bull Don and the Moose Nuggets. Finger food, coffee and tea will be served. For more information, call Edale Clark at 398-1399.
* Artists Without Borders will present a solo show by Susan Anderson upstairs in the 4D Building in Soldotna.
* Coffee Roasters will host the Tustumena 200 and Kenai Peninsula College photography student exhibit through today.
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street location in Soldotna artist of the month is Genevieve Klebba; and the artist of the month at its Sterling Highway location is Jeremy Reeve.
* The Funkey Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai artist of the month is "Sam's Alaskatography, Nature and Wildlife Photography."
* The Soldotna Senior Citizens Center will host the art work of Corinne Fairchild through the end of the month. The centers is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday thorough Friday.
* The Nikiski Community Rec Center holds arts and crafts class from 4 to 5:15 p.m. Fridays at the center. Youth in grades one through six may participate. Preregistration is not required. The cost is $3 a class. For more information, call 776-8800.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call Dave at 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listings, call 262-7021.
* AMVETS Post No. 4 holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and karaoke with Chris and Nita at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* Bluegrass jam sessions are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. Sessions on the first Thursday of the month are at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna.
* Hooligan's in Soldotna has music by the Free Beer Band on Monday nights; karaoke Wednesday nights; 150 Grit on Thursday nights; and live music Friday and Saturday nights.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has karaoke at 10 p.m. Sundays; free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays; and live music with Maybrey Brothers from 10:30 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts Sean and Travis B. at 9 p.m. Thursday; and the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Ian's DJ Service. Dancing until 4 a.m.
* Veronica's in Kenai will hold open mic at 6:30 p.m. Friday; and Saturday, Ian Upenon will play at 6:30 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* The Soldotna High School drama department will perform "The Panic Broadcast of 1938" at 7 p.m. April 2 through 4 at the school's auditorium. The cost is $5 per person.
* The Kenai Central High School drama club will perform "The Curious Savage," a comedy in three acts by John Patrick at 7 p.m. April 3 and 4 and at 3 p.m. April 5 at the Rene C. Henderson Auditorium. Admission price is $5 at the door. The cast includes Alex Kiel, Catherine Hoisington, Michael Slone and Norrick McGee, Garrett Eady, Maya Johnson, Jen Kohler, Dylan Lawrence, Jesse Pedginski, Ella Stephens, Lynn Ziehmer and Jacob Nabholz. Cheri Johnson will direct.
* Afternoon High Tea, catered by Charlotte's, will be held from 2 to 4 p.m. April 5 at the Kenai Merit Inn. The event is a fundraiser for Friends of the Kenai Library. Tickets are $25 and are available as advanced sales only at the Kenai Community Library or from library board members.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for weekly listings and show times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for weekly listings and show times.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us