Who is Russell Crowe?
Just two weeks ago, I climbed out of my catacomb and found out who this Oscar nominated Australian actor is.
I saw a newspaper article that said the FBI had uncovered a plot to kidnap the actor.
I was surprised to find out he also is known for saying "Unleash hell!"
I can't tell you much about award winning films, but I can speak to this phrase -- unleashing hell. I can tell you we have enough of hell, and what we really need is more to unleash heaven.
The latter is much more powerful a statement to proclaim, we just need more people willing to proclaim it.
"Pastor, what do you mean by more powerful then hell?"
Heaven's power is greater then anything hell has to offer.
John 4:4 says, "... He who is in you is greater than he who is in the world."
The disciples marveled that demons are subject to his name.
Jesus responds in Luke 10, "I saw Satan fall like lightening from heaven. Behold, I give you the authority ... and power over the enemy and nothing shall by any means hurt you."
I have no doubt that hell can unleash a lot of pain and agony. The book of Revelation is loaded with hell's fury. But there is a greater power, and we need to unleash its power.
Secondly, just how do we go about unleashing heaven?
This is not a complete list, but it is a starting point.
1. Ask "Whatever things you ask, believing, you shall receive." Matt 21:22 "Ask and it will be given you." Luke 11:9 "Ask anything in My name." John 14:14.
Start by asking God to unleash his heavenly power in your life. This is the first part of the Jabez Prayer concept, in I Chron. 4:10. Jabez asked God to bless him, and God did.
2. Ask in tandem. Find a prayer partner, preferably a grandparent who knows how to touch the heart of God. Matt 18:20 gives an endorsement for asking in tandem or even as a threesome.
3. Ask humbly. If you're looking for self-glory, you're barking at the moon. Peter 5:6 clarifies the need for humility.
4. Ask on behalf of others. We underestimate the power of God that comes to us when we pray for others. Job practiced this in 42:10. Jesus portrayed this in John 17.
5. Ask for forgiveness for you own unbelief. Matt 13:58 says, "Now He did not do many mighty (dynamite/powerful) works there because of their unbelief."
6. Ask for reconciliation. We may need to reconcile with those around us, according to Matt 5:24.
I could add more like praise and worship and lay on some more scripture, but I think you have the picture. This world is not offering any Academy Awards for those who unleash heaven, but there is up in heaven, Godly awards that will not melt like Oscars.
Lord, unleash heaven on the Kenai Peninsula. Unleash your power in our lives. We have more then enough hell, on the streets, in the work place, at home, in prisons, at school and in our personal lives. We need more of your power in our lives. Unleash heaven. Unleash your power upon my home, my wife and my two girls. Unleash more of your presence in the workplace, may my job have more of heaven and less of hell. Unleash your glory upon my church, every time the doors are open. Lord, unleash heaven and heaven's peace in my life.
J.D. Duncan is the pastor at Soldotna First Assembly of God.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us