The following events will be held at Grace Lutheran Church and School on Ciechanski, one block off Kalifonsky Beach Road. All are welcome. For more information call 283-6297
* Today: Good Friday worship at 11 p.m. This is a "Service of Darkness" with sound effects and visuals, special Old and New Testament readings by the lay leaders of the congregation, children and adult choir.
* Sunday: Resurrection Sunday worship at 11 a.m. Preschool though 8th-grader will "explain" the meaning of Christ's resurrection. There will be instrumentalists, children and adult choirs and congregational singing of the great hymn, "I Know that My Redeemer Lives!" Pastor Tom Schmidt will share a message on Luke 24 entitled "For the Record: Jesus Really Rose - See It In The Evidence!" At noon there will be an Easter Egg Hunt for the children with prizes and a late brunch.
The following events will be held at Saint Luke Lutheran Church at 48095 Andrews Avenue. For more information visit saintlukekenai.com or call 283-5455.
* Saint Luke Lutheran Church is continuing its traditional Holy Week daily services. Good Friday Service will begin at 6:30 p.m.. The Saturday Vigil will begin with a Matins Service at 7 a.m., include meditative prayer and readings from Christ's Passion throughout the day and conclude with a Vespers Service at 7 p.m.. Sunday will begin with Matins at 7 a.m., followed by a pancake breakfast and Divine Service at 10:30 a.m..
* Saint Luke Lutheran Church is continuing its Wednesday evening fellowship/worship/study. The study consists of a detailed analysis of basic Christian doctrine, currently focusing on Christ's continuous work in the Christian's life of sanctification. The fellowship/potluck begins at 5:30 p.m., followed by a Vespers Service at 6:30 p.m., and study from 7-8 p.m.. Feel free to participate in all three or any part of the events that your schedule will accommodate.
* Saint Luke Lutheran Church is continuing its in-depth study of the Pentateuch (the books of Moses), currently focusing on Leviticus. We attempt to cover one chapter a session and meet on Wednesdays at 10:30 a.m. for approximately one hour.
The Apostolic Assembly of Jesus Christ is celebrating Jesus' Resurrection beginning with its annual three day purification fast to be broken with communion at the 7 a.m. "Sonrise" service on Sunday. Starting at 10:30 a.m., the Sunday School has a special morning planned beginning with a play, "In the Garden", performed by the 5th- and 6th- grade classes for children ages 3 through 13, and ending with its annual treasure hunt. In addition, all children will receive treats and participate in other festivities with their respective classes. An evening worship service begins at 5:30 p.m. and includes the AAJC Choir's inspiring cantata, "His Last Days," along with other special music and songs. Everyone is invited to attend any and all of these services commemorating the Resurrection of our Lord Jesus Christ. For questions or to arrange transportation, please call 262-9693, 394-8887 or 262-3165.
Peninsula Grace Brethren Youth Center will have a movie night and nacho buffet for 7th- through 12th- graders showing "Nacho Libre" on April 10 from 5-8 p.m. Dress up as a Mexican wrestling star (luchador) for the costume contest. Admission is $5. For more information call 349-6449 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
The United Methodist Church of the New Covenant in Kenai dedicated a new children's and parent's room in the back of their sanctuary on Palm Sunday. This new room is finished just in time for children and their parents to use on Easter. Easter services will begin with the sound of the beating drum, as the listeners walk with Mary to the tomb to properly prepare Jesus for burial, moving from darkness to the beginning of light as she finds the tomb empty. This 30 minute service beginning at 9 a.m. will prepare worshipers for the Agape breakfast meal at 9:30 a.m. and for the celebration of the Risen Lord at the 11 a.m. service. The Church is located on the Kenai Spur Highway Frontage Road, next to the Boys and Girls Club. All are welcome to attend. For more information call 283-7868.
Soldotna Church of God presents "Gates"
Soldotna Church of God will present "Gates," a thrilling glimpse of eternity in a modern day setting. Admission is free to this Easter Drama, but seating is limited so arrive early. Play times are Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m., and Sunday at 4 p.m.. We are located on the corner of Binkley and West Redoubt. For more information call 262-4729.
Abundant Life Church in Sterling will hold a Palm Sunday community worship event on Sunday at 6 p.m. and have special performances by local musicians along with congregational singing. There is no charge, all are welcome. Abundant Life is located in Sterling at the corner of Mile 81.5 Sterling Highway and Otter Trail. The church entrance is on Otter Trail. For more information call 262-7266.
A King James Bible study group meets at 7 p.m. on Thursdays on East Echo Lake Road in Soldotna and also offers "live" teachings on Skype video.
For more information, call 262-3507 or email email@example.com.
The Soldotna United Methodist Church at 158 S Binkley Street will host an ALPHA course. The course is about talking around a table in a non-threatening atmosphere where people can ask faith questions without fear of being challenged. Questions are covered in 12 weekly sessions and a Saturday half-day retreat.
A nursery will be available for those with childcare needs, but there must be a reservation. Call Karolann at 262-4958 to make a reservation. For more information on the course visit www.alpha.org.
The Nikiski Nazarene Church will hold a Bible study on Esther at 9:30 a.m. Saturdays at the church at Mile 18 of the Kenai Spur Highway. It is open to all women.
For more information, call 776-8022.
Calvary Baptist Church will run its AWANA Club ministry for kids from age 3 years old through to sixth grade from 5:15 to 7:15 p.m. Sundays throughout the school year at the Kenai Recreation Center.
AWANA Club includes games, stories, songs and Bible memory. Kids have a chance to earn prizes by learning verses and winning games.
The Clothes Quarters located at Our Lady of the Angels at 225 South Spruce Street in Kenai is open from 11 a.m. until 4 p.m. Wednesdays and from 11 a.m. until 3 p.m. the first Saturday of each month. For more information, call 283-9371 or 283-4555.
The Lighthouse Community Church thrift store, The Sandbox, is open from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. Tuesdays and Thursdays. The store is in the office building next to the church in Nikiski.
Nikiski Aglow meets at 10 a.m. Wednesdays at Nikiski New Hope Building. Current Bible study is "Anointed Transformed Redeemed." A study of David's life. For information call Lena at 776-8841. Call Pastor Joel at the Church at 283-4781, or visit www.kenaicalvary.org.
The Clothes 4 U Ministry offers free clothing to benefit the community. The ministry is open from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at First Baptist Church Soldotna Mission House at 119 Little Ave. in Soldotna. For more information, call 260-4806.
The Soldotna Woman's Aglow study of Esther by Beth Moore is held Wednesdays at 10 a.m.
Fellowship begins at 9 a.m. Childcare provided and all faiths are welcome.
For more information, e-mail, Karen gross at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The Lighthouse Community Church will hold Recovery Now, a scripturally based recovery program, at 7 p.m. Fridays.
The program is for anyone who is dealing with or has dealt with addiction of any kind. For more information, call 252-6445.
The United Methodist Church of the New Covenant in Kenai hosts a women's prayer and share group at 7 a.m. Mondays at Charlotte's Restaurant in Kenai.
It is open to all women. For more information, call 283-7868.
Area churches are invited to submit information on current or upcoming Bible studies, open houses, events or special functions. For more information call Nan Misner at 335-1241 or e-mail email@example.com.
Photos from events also may be submitted. Please include the date, location, names of people in the photo, a brief description of the activity and a contact name and phone number.
The Religion page prints every Friday in the Clarion.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us