Writers meet tonight
The Central Peninsula Writers’ Group will meet at 6:30 p.m. today in the conference room at the Kenai Community Library.
Chorus set to sing
The central Kenai Peninsula branch of the Kenai Peninsula Community Chorus will begin rehearsals for the December presentation of Handel’s “Messiah” on Tuesday. Rehearsals run from 7 to 9 p.m. every Tuesday through April and May at Soldotna Christ Lutheran Church, conducted by Jean Brockel and accompanied by Maria Allison. There is a class fee of $25 along with a materials fee. After a summer break, rehearsals will resume in September. For more information or to preregister, call Laura Norton at (907) 299-2453.
Triumvirate plans drama camps
Triumvirate Theatre will hold three drama camps for kids this summer.
· A Soldotna camp will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Monday through Friday June 18-July 14 at the Triumvirate Theatre in the Peninsula Center Mall for grades three and up. Youth will put on a production of the beloved children’s story, “The Wizard of Oz.” Show dates will be July 12, 13, 14. Late pick-ups and early drop-offs can be accommodated. Instructors will be Paul Morin and Stephanie Bouchard, with producer Joe Rizzo. The cost is $290 per child if registering online before midnight June 1, or $390 after, with vouchers from Connections and Galena programs accepted.
· A camp for kids in preschool through second grade will be held in conjunction with the Soldotna camp from noon to 3 p.m. Fridays starting June 18, then every afternoon from July 9-14 at the Triumvirate Theatre. The cost is $100.
· A Nikiski camp will be held from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. June 18-26 at the Nikiski Middle-Senior High School Auditorium with a show June 26. The instructor will be D. Wayne Mitchell, production director for Anchorage’s TBA Theatre Company, a regular presenter at the Valdez Theatre Conference and producer of Anchorage’s intramural comedy improvisation tournament, “Improvaganza.” The cost is $99. High-price scholarships are available and will be awarded in May to preregistered participants.
Registration can be done online at www.triumviratetheatre.org/register.html. For more information, contact Joe Rizzo at 283-6109 or by e-mail at email@example.com.
Art show proposals being accepted
The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center is accepting applications for solo and group shows for the 2007-08 season. The postmark deadline is May 1. Applications are available at the center, or go online to www.artskenai.com for more information.
Performers set to camp
The Kenai Performers will hold a drama camp for kids starting July 16.
· A camp for kids out of first grade through those out of sixth grade will be held from 9 a.m. to noon weekdays July 16 through Aug. 3 with performances Aug. 3, 4 and possibly 5. The cost is $225 per child.
· A camp for youth out of sixth grade through those who just graduated from high school will be held from 1 to 4 p.m. July 16 through Aug. 10 with performances Aug. 10, 11 and possibly 12. The cost is $300 per participant.
Parents and family are encouraged to come help with sets, posters, tickets, etc.
To register or for more information, contact Carol Ford at 776-8308 or by e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org. Registration forms will be available at River City Books in Soldotna at the Kenai and Soldotna libraries.
Beading classes offered
Beading classes are taught from 10 a.m. to noon Saturdays at the museum gallery at the end of Willow Street in Kenai. For more information, call Mary Kroll at 299-0534. The museum also has exhibits and art for sale. Admission is free.
Kids’ reading program ongoing
Triumvirate Bookstore in the Peninsula Center Mall in Soldotna invites kids to join its Winter Frequent Reading Program. When kids sign up at the bookstore, they can pick out one free book, a reading calendar and reading program rules. Kids are encouraged to read a book, bring their reading calendar to the bookstore, get it punched and pick up another free book. Bookstore hours are noon to 6 p.m. Tuesdays through Saturdays. For more information, call Rosie Reeder at 262-2908.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us