A big thank you to volunteers who made our 2nd annual Aviation Career Education (ACE) Academy a huge success! Challenger Learning Center presented the ACE Academy the week of March 16. Students learned about careers in aviation, took their first orientation flight, learned about planning a flight and the basics of flying, and had the opportunity to speak with a wide range of professionals from the aviation industry. We want to extend a special thank you to the following people for providing services and encouragement throughout the week:
* Jim Bielefeld of Kenai Aviation, who taught navigation and provided orientation flights;
* Nate Smith of Kenai Aviation who flew orientation flights;
* Dick Woodin, Civil Air Patrol and pilot who taught hydraulics and pneumatics;
* Sgt. Rich Mathieson and Sgt. Joe Taylor of the Army National Guard who discussed careers and career preparation;
* Maurice Gamble and Ricky Davidson from Kenai Flight Services who taught aviation weather, flight pattern, and air traffic control;
* Dale Trombley, WWII B-17 pilot who shared his flying experiences and history of WWII;
* Rob Booth, aerospace engineer who shared his career experiences as a designer;
* Lt. Col. Travis Penrod, Air National Guard and pilot for Grant aviation, who taught flight planning and shared career planning tips and career experiences.
And thanks to the Medallion Foundation for allowing the students to use the Medallion flight simulator for the week!
Curriculum Director at CLCA
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us