For many of the same reasons senior citizens choose to live on the Kenai Peninsula, many seniors will visit it mild temperatures and easy access to wildlife, fishing, hiking and beautiful views.
Traveling seniors are invited to visit any of the seven senior citizens centers on the peninsula.
The centers offer a variety of daily activities, such as art, music, dancing, painting, cards, board games, movie nights, blood pressure checks, yoga, Bible study, sing-a-longs and much more. In addition to daily activities, many of the centers have planned special summer events and visitors are encouraged to call the centers to see what is coming up.
Each of the centers also offer low-cost daily lunch menus. Many centers ask that lunch reservations be made 24 hours in advance.
· Homer Senior Citizens Center, 3935 Svedlund. Open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lunch is from 11:30 a.m. to 1 p.m. The cost is $5 for people 60 and over and $7 for people under 60. Call 235-7655 or e-mail email@example.com.
· Kenai Senior Citizens Center, 361 Senior Court. Open from 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lunch is at noon. The cost is $8 for nonseniors and a $4 suggested donation for seniors. Call 283-4156 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Nikiski Senior Citizens Center, Mile .75 Island Lake Road. Open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Salad bar opens at 11:30 a.m., lunch is at noon. The cost is $5 for seniors 55 and older and $6 for guests and those under 55. Call 776-7654 or e-mail email@example.com.
· Ninilchik Senior Citizens Center, off Kingsley at 66265 Aspen Ave. Open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lunch is at noon. The cost is a $5 requested donation for members and $8 for nonmembers. Call 567-3988 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Seward Senior Citizens Center, 336 Third Ave. Open from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lunch is at noon. The cost is a $7 suggested donation for those under 60 and $4 for seniors. Reservations for lunch are appreciated by 10 a.m. Call 224-5604 or e-mail email@example.com.
· Soldotna Senior Citizens Center, 197 W. Park Ave. Open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Salad bar opens at 11:30 a.m. and lunch is at noon. The cost is a $6 requested donation for out-of-state seniors and visitors under the age of 60 and $4 for Alaska residents. Call 262-2322 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Sterling Senior Center, Mile 82 Sterling Highway. The center is open from 8 a.m. to 4 p.m. Monday through Friday. Lunch is at noon. The cost is a suggested donation of $5 for members and $7 for nonmembers. Call 262-6808 or e-mail email@example.com.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us