People come from around the world to enjoy the natural beauty of the Kenai Peninsula every year. Keeping Alaska clean for years to come takes the cooperation of visitors and residents alike. The Kenai Peninsula has many trash, recycling and RV dumping sites. Please, remember to use them and keep Alaska beautiful.
Trash and recycling
· Central Peninsula landfill, 2.5 miles south of Soldotna, Mile 98.5 Sterling Highway, open 8 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. daily.
· Kenai transfer facility, down Redoubt Avenue off Mile 13.8 Kenai Spur Highway, open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily in June, July and August.
· Nikiski transfer facility, down Poolside Avenue off Mile 25 of Kenai Spur Highway, open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily in June, July and August.
· Borough Administration Building, 144 N. Binkley St., Soldotna, behind the building, open 24 hours daily. Recycleables only.
· Sterling transfer facility, Mile 85.5 Sterling Highway, open 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily in June, July and August.
· Kasilof transfer facility, Mile 110.5 Sterling Highway, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
· Homer baling facility, Mile 169.3 Sterling Highway, open 8 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday.
· Funny River Dumpster site, Mile 10 Funny River Road, open 24 hours daily.
· Ninilchik Dumpster site, Mile 136 Sterling Highway, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
· Anchor Point Dumpster site, behind Anchor Point Grocery, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
· Homer recycling drop-off site, parking lot of Eagle Quality Center, open 24 hours daily.
· McNeil Canyon Dumpster site, Mile 12.5 East End Road, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
· Seward transfer facility, north of town at the end of Dimond, open 8 a.m. to 5:45 p.m. Monday through Saturday, noon to 4 p.m. Sunday.
· Moose Pass Dumpster site, Mile 29 Seward Highway, open 24 hours daily.
· Cooper Landing Dumpster site, Mile 44 Sterling Highway, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
· Hope Dumpster site, Mile 16 Hope Road, open 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. daily.
· Seward recycling drop-off site, Seward Chamber of Commerce, open 24 hours daily. Mile 2 of the Seward Highway.
The Kenai Peninsula Borough recycles mixed paper, aluminum cans, glass, tin cans, plastic milk jugs, used oil and batteries. Not all materials are accepted at all sites.
The Central Peninsula Landfill facility is the only site that recycles tin cans and plastic milk jugs.
The Kenai, Nikiski, Sterling, Seward and Homer transfer facilities recycle everything except tin cans and plastic milk jugs.
The Kasilof, Ninilchik, Anchor Point, McNeil Canyon, Moose Pass, Cooper Landing, and Hope sites accept glass, aluminum, newspaper and cardboard.
RV dumping stations
· Cooper Landing: Kenai Princess Lodge, Mile 2 Bean Creek Road off Mile 47 Sterling Highway; Russian River Campground, Mile 52.8 Sterling Highway; Kenai Riverside Campground, Mile 49.7 of the Sterling Highway.
· Sterling: Big John’s Tesoro, Mile 91.3 Sterling Highway; Cook’s Corner, Mile 81.5 Sterling Highway; Castaway Riverside RV Park off Scout Lake Road, Mile 84.9 Sterling Highway, follow the signs; U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service, Mile 4 Skilak Lake Road; Fish and Wildlife Service at Hidden Lake Campground off Skilak Lake Road.
· Soldotna: Soldotna Tesoro 2Go Mart, 44279 Sterling Highway; Fred Meyer, 43843 Sterling Highway; Edgewater RV Campground, corner of Funny River Road and Sterling Highway; Petro Express, Soldotna, 44152 Sterling Highway; Soldotna “Y” Chevron, 44024 Sterling Highway; Diamond M Ranch RV Park, Kalifornsky Beach Road; Centennial Park; Swiftwater Campground.
· Kenai: Tesoro 2Go Mart, Kenai Spur Highway and Willow Street; Kenai Petro Express, Kenai Spur Highway and Willow Street.
· Ninilchik: Alaskan Angler RV Resort on Kingsley Road off Mile 135.4 of the Sterling Highway; D&M Charters and RV Park on Deep Creek Beach Access Road off Mile 137.3 of the Sterling Highway; Alaska State Parks Ninilchik View Campground, Mile 134 of the Sterling Highway.
· Anchor Point: Short Stop Storage and Camping, Mile 153.2 of the Sterling Highway.
· Homer: Department of Public Works, across from the post office on the Homer Bypass; by the Fishin’ Hole on the Homer Spit; Petro Express, 94 Sterling Highway #2. Several private RV camps also have their own stations in the area.
· Seward: Alaska Recreation Park at the harbor’s north 72-hour parking lot; Fourth Avenue between North Harbor Street and Port Avenue; Bear Creek RV Park.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us