First Baptist Church of Port Nikiski will have a Good Friday showing of Mel Gibson's "The Passion of the Christ," today at 7 p.m. Baby sitting is provided. The church is located at the corners of the Kenai Spur Highway and Island Lakes Rd. For more information call 776-8679.
* Good Friday, 7 p.m. Tenabrae Service, "Service of darkness." Sound effects, visuals, special Old and New Testament Bible readings, and prayers in a darkened Chancel are all designed to answer the question: "Were you there when they crucified my lord? Yes."
* Resurrection Sunday, 11 a.m. WORSHIP: 11 a.m. theme is "Interview with an angel who was at the empty tomb." Adult and children choirs will be singing. 12 p.m. Easter brunch along with an Easter egg hunt.
All are welcome. We are on Ciechanski, one block off K- Beach Road. For more information call Pastor Tom Schmidt at 283-6297.
Soldotna Day Aglow is holding a Bible study called "Restoring Your Covenant Roots of Blessing" by Dr. Robert Heidler and Dr. Chuck Pierce. They meet Wednesdays at Peninsula Christian Center at the corner of Cohoe and Farnsworth in Soldotna behind the Salvation Army. It begins at 10 a.m., and fellowship and coffee is at 9:30. Babysitting is provided. Aglow is interdenominational. For more information, call 262-2569 or 260-4980.
Ladies are invited to a 24-hour leadership summit April 24 and 25 at North Star Bible Camp sponsored by Stonecroft Ministries. Registration is April 24 from 3 to 4 p.m. Cost is $100 and covers camp fee, meals and lodging.
For more information and a registration form, call Lisa Franzmann at 262-5903 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Point to Hope Ministries will hold a women's retreat Thursday through 18 at the Solid Rock Bible Camp at Mile 90.5 of the Sterling Highway.
Registration is $135. Cost includes lodging and meals Thursday and April 17. For more information, call Debbie Grimes at 398-0151.
Saint Luke Lutheran Church will holda potluck and study focusing on the orthodox teachings of ancient Christianity pertaining to the two natures of Jesus Christ: Son of Man and Son of God at 6 p.m. Wednesdays at the McLennan Kitchen, 601 Davidson St. in Kenai.
The study will focus on how this relationship of two natures in one person relates to salvation.
For more information, call Pastor Tolar at 335-0036 or visit saintlukekenai.com for more details.
* Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University will run through April 22.
* Evangelistic Study: "Share Jesus without Fear." A second session will run through Wednesday.
* Ladies Bible Study: "Discerning the Voice of God," by Priscilla Shier runs through April 22.
* Wednesday night dinner is from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. The cost is $2 per person or $10 per family. Reservations are required by Tuesday evening; call 283-7672.
All events are at the First Baptist Church of Kenai.
A King James Bible study group meets at 7 p.m. Thursdays on East Echo Lake Road. For more information, call 262-3509.
The Nikiski Nazarine Church will hold a women's Bible study at 9 a.m. Saturdays at the church at Mile 18 of the Kenai Spur Highway. The eight-week Beth Moore class, titled "Stepping up," will be about Psalms. It is open to all women.
For more information, call 776-8022 or 776-8547.
"Imagine Yourself Debt Free," a David Ramsey video class from Financial Peace University, will be held Wednesdays at Lighthouse Community Church.
The topics will include how to put together a budget, step by step to get out of debt, how to set financial goals.
Participants will be asked at the beginning of the class to write a check for $100. If they drop out, the churches will cash the check, if participants complete the 13-week course they may ask for their check back.
For more information, call 776-8234.
The Clothes 4 U Ministry offers free clothing to benefit the community from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturdays at First Baptist Church Soldotna Mission House at 119 Little Ave. in Soldotna.
For more information, call 260-4806.
The Religion page prints every Friday in the Peninsula Clarion. E-mail information, to email@example.com.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us