* The Performing Arts Society presents "Arts 359" at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna. The concert has music from Mark Wolbers, University of Alaska Anchorage professor of clarinet, and a clarinet trio of UAA music students Hayden Sterling, of Kenai, Mario Ayerdis and Austin Roach at 7:30 p.m. Saturday at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna. Tickets are available at Northcountry Fair, River City Books and Sweeney's in Soldotna, Already Read Books and Country Liquor in Kenai, at the KPB Bookstore and at the door. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $10 for students and seniors.
* The Kenai River Folk Dancers will hold a contra dance from 7 to 10 p.m. Saturday at K-Beach Elementary School. All dances are taught and called. Bring nonmarking shoes and potluck snacks to share. Admission is $5 for adults and free for children under 16 when accompanied by an adult. For more information call Raymond at 283-5403.
* MUGZ Coffee Shop in the Blazy Mall will have a photography show by Genevieve Klebba on display through the month of April. The show, titled, "Along the Road" includes a collection of photographs taken from the roads in Alaska.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has watercolors from students at Kenai Peninsula College's Kenai River Campus on display through April.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has the 22nd annual Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Visual Feast juried student art show on display through April in the main gallery, and an "Ity-Bity, Teeny-Weeny Artist Trading Card Exhibit" by the Kenai Fine Arts Center Watercolor Group in the Gallery Too through April.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College's Kenai River Campus has a student exhibition on display through April.
* The Life Drawing Group meets from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. every other Thursday until May 26 at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. The fee is $5 to pay the model. Bring your own drawing supplies. For more information, contact Will at 252-7303. For adults only.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Sydney and Shelby Smith at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Vagabond Inn on K-Beach has a jam session the third Friday of every month. For more information contact Bob Costley at 283-6422 or Dorothy at 398-0471.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has live music by The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with DJ Mark Gage from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has locals night with music by Robb Justice from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursdays, and jazz with Bob and Theresa Ramponi from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us