Brandee Wehrstein, of the Good Morning Monday league, led her team, the Goofy Girlz, to a fourth-quarter win and a playoff spot in next Monday's roll-off. Brandee, a 134-average bowler, rolled 108 pins over average for three games, with scores of 149, 177 and a dominating 184 game, for an enormous 510 series.
Following Brandee's colossal performance was Tuesday evening Montey's Eagles bowler Nicole Peterkin of the Peterkin team. The Peterkin team, needing just one win to secure a spot in next week's roll-off, relied heavily on Nicole, the team's No. 4 average bowler.
Nicole, a 130-average bowler, set the pace early, starting the evening with a strike. She rolled another great shot in the second frame, but a stubborn 6-pin was left standing only until the next roll. In frame three, Nicole suffered her first open, but she quickly recovered in the fourth and fifth frames with back-to-back strikes.
For frames six through nine, Nicole remained consistent by achieving good count and picking up a couple of spares going into the all-important 10th frame of a very close game with so much on the line.
Nicole opened the 10th frame with a huge strike and closed out the game by picking up the 2-7 baby split and scoring a 41-pins-over-average 171 game.
The Peterkin team won the game and a spot in the finals, by only 29 pins.
Great bowling Brandee and Nicole! Good luck in next week's roll-off.
Here are the Peninsula Strikers youth championship results:
* Major Division -- 1. Tyler Yamada; 2. Shalynda Daigle.
* Junior Division -- 1. Mikayla Miller; 2. Gracie Kautz.
* Prep Division -- 1. Kennedy Stovall; 2. Sophia Sorensen.
* Bantam Division -- 1. Conner Brown; 2. Lance Kramer.
Here are the Men's State tournament results:
* All-events scratch -- 8. Ken Liedes; 18. Shane Zimmerman.
* Singles scratch -- 9. Ken Liedes; 27. Shane Zimmerman.
* Doubles scratch -- 3. Dan Ducker/Ken Liedes.
* Doubles Handicap -- 1. Dan Ducker/Ken Liedes; 5. Dan Ducker/James Mackey.
* Teams scratch -- 4. Alaskalanes -- Ken Liedes, Dan Ducker, Shane Zimmerman, Frank Miller.
Bowler's Corner is submitted by Randy Stiedl. For any questions, comments or suggestions, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us