The KCHS Concert Choir and the KCHS International Tour Choir will present its free 90-minute spring concert at 7 p.m. Thursday at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium.
The tour choir recently returned from a two-week concert tour of the island of Sicily and southern Italy. The performance will include a large variety of music including "Ave Maria" by Biebl featuring Kyle Wisnewski, Dakota DeVolld, Wyatt Quade and Randy Jackson; "Psalm 23" by Basler featuring Shaynee DeVito on the French Horn; "Take Me To The Water," an American spiritual; "Chantilly Lace" featuring the men; "Chattanooga Choo Choo" for the women; and "Old Man River" sung by Randy Jackson.
The Kasilof-Cohoe Cemetery Association will meet at 5:30 p.m. Monday at the McLane building in Kasilof.
For more information, call Janice See at 283-9243.
The Unites States Coast Guard Auxiliary, Kenai Flotilla, will hold an "About Boating Safety" class from 7 to 9:30 p.m. April 28 and 30 and May 5 and 7 at the Emergency Response Center, 253 Wilson Lane, Soldotna.
The cost is $20 per person. For more information, call Mae Leighton at 776-8457. Information also will be aviable at the Sports Show at the Soldotna Sports Center.
The Central Peninsula Garden Club will hold Friday speaker programs at the following locations:
* May 1 from 5 to 8 p.m. in room 108 at the Kenai Peninsula College. The featured speaker will be Traci DeSabato-Aust, a garden and landscape planning author. DeSabato-Aust will also have a book signing. The cost is $10.
* May 8 at 7 p.m. at the Cook Inlet Aquaculture Building on Kalifornsky Beach Road, near Bridge Access Road. The featured speaker will be Brian Olson. His topic will be "High Tunnel Construction and Management."
* May 15 at 7 p.m. at the Cook Inlet Aquaculture Building on Kalifornsky Beach Road, near Bridge Access Road. The featured speaker will be Wayne Vandre. His topic will be "Fun and Easy Home Landscaping."
* May 22 at 7 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. The featured speaker will be Fran Durner. Her topic will be "Gardens of Alaska and Using Rock in Gardens." The cost is $5.
* May 29 at 7 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. The featured speaker will be Justin Hanson. His topic will be "Home Greenhouse Construction."
For more information any of the programs, call 283-4632.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.