* Nikiski High School will present "This Ain't Broadway," an original play by Joe Rizzo with music by Mim McKay and choreography by Chris Morin on Friday and Saturday and May 6 and 7 at 7 p.m. in the Nikiski auditorium. Tickets are $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for students. They can be purchased at the door.
* Kenai Peninsula College's Art Student League will have its annual Celebration of the Arts on Saturday from 2 p.m. until 4 p.m. Festivities include the closing reception of art student work held in the Gary Freeburg Art Gallery, ASLA T-shirt sales, and art media demos by art students.
* The annual Celebrity Waiter Fundraiser for the Kenai Peninsula Fair will be held from 5 to 9 p.m. Saturday at the fairgrounds in Ninilchik. Call Lara McGinnis at 907-567-3670.
* MUGZ Coffee Shop in the Blazy Mall will have a photography show by Genevieve Klebba on display through the month of April. The show, titled, "Along the Road" includes a collection of photographs taken from the roads in Alaska.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has watercolors from students at Kenai Peninsula College's Kenai River Campus on display through April.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has the 22nd annual Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Visual Feast juried student art show on display through April in the main gallery, and an "Ity-Bity, Teeny-Weeny Artist Trading Card Exhibit" by the Kenai Fine Arts Center Watercolor Group in the Gallery Too through April.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College's Kenai River Campus has a student exhibition on display through April.
* The Life Drawing Group meets from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. every other Thursday until May 26 at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. The fee is $5 to pay the model. Bring your own drawing supplies. For more information, contact Will at 252-7303. For adults only.
* Kenai Joes will have live music by 907 Friday and Saturday starting at 9 p.m. Saturday night will be a smoke-free show.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Bill Larned at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, music by Mike Morgan and Friends on Friday from 5 to 7:00 p.m. and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Vagabond Inn on K-Beach has a jam session the third Friday of every month. For more information contact Bob Costley at 283-6422 or Dorothy at 398-0471.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has live music by The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with DJ Mark Gage from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
n The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has locals night with music by Robb Justice from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursdays, and jazz with Bob and Theresa Ramponi from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us