The Central Peninsula Garden Club will hold Friday speaker programs at the following locations:
* Friday from 5 to 8 p.m. at Kenai Peninsula College in room 108. The featured speaker will be Traci DeSabato-Aust, a garden and landscape planning author. DeSabato-Aust also will have a book signing. The cost is $10.
* May 8 at 7 p.m. at the Cook Inlet Aquaculture Building on Kalifornsky Beach Road, near Bridge Access Road. The featured speaker will be Brian Olson. His topic will be "High Tunnel Construction and Management."
* May 15 at 7 p.m. at the Cook Inlet Aquaculture Building on Kalifornsky Beach Road. The featured speaker will be Wayne Vandre. His topic will be "Fun and Easy Home Landscaping."
* May 22 at 7 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center in Kenai. The featured speaker will be Fran Durner. Her topic will be "Gardens of Alaska and Using Rock in Gardens." The cost is $5.
* May 29 at 7 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. The featured speaker will be Justin Hanson. His topic will be "Home Greenhouse Construction."
For more information on these programs, call 283-4632.
The Division of Sport Fish Aquatic Education Program has scheduled the 10th annual Kenai Peninsula Salmon Celebration from 10 a.m. to 2 p.m. Tuesday at Johnson Lake.
Elementary school children from the Kenai Peninsula School District will help release hatchery-raised catchable rainbow trout into Johnson Lake. Twenty hands-on salmon-related activity booths and casting practice stations will be set up for the students.
For more information or to sign up your elementary class or home-school student, call Patti Berkhahn 260-2943.
An Alaska Risk Assessment of Oil and Gas Infrastructure public workshop will be held from 4:30 to 7:30 p.m. May 11 at the Challenger Learning Center of Alaska, 9711 Kenai Spur Highway in Kenai.
For more information, visit http://www.dec.state.ak.us/spar/ipp/ara/index.htm.
Pet photos run on the Pets page every Tuesday. They can be color or black and white and may include people. Limit one photo per household. They may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, dropped off at the Kenai office or mailed to the Clarion at P.O. Box 3009, Kenai, 99611. A brief explanation of the photo, the pet's and owner's names, owner's address and phone number must be included.
Only photos with an address written on the back will be returned. For more information, call 335-1237.
Around the Peninsula prints daily in the Clarion. For more information, call Nancianna Misner at 335-1241 or e-mail email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us