* Art Works in Soldotna will hold a reception for Ivy and John Howland from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai will have a reception for a collaborative photography exhibit by Mark and Maria Pierson tonight from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The "8th Annual Small Shots" reception will be held at the Kenai Fine Arts Center from 6 to 8 p.m.
* There will be a bluegrass jam at the Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna starting at 6:30 p.m.
* Nikiski High School will present "This Ain't Broadway," an original play by Joe Rizzo with music by Mim McKay and choreography by Chris Morin on Friday and Saturday at 7 p.m. in the Nikiski auditorium. Tickets are $10.00 for adults and $5.00 for students. They can be purchased at the door.
* The Kenai Potters' Guild holds its annual Mother's Day Sale on Saturday from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the Kenai Fine Arts Center.
* The 26th annual Kenai Peninsula Sport, Rec and Trade Show will be open from 3 to 8 p.m. Friday, 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Sunday at the Soldotna Sports Center Admission is $5 for adults, $4 for students and free for kids under 10. For more information, visit http://sportrecandtradeshow.com.
* The annual Kachemak Bay Shorebird Festival will be held today through May 8 in Homer. For more information, call 907-235-7740 or visit www.homeralaska.org.
* MUGZ Coffee Shop in the Blazy Mall will have a photography show by Genevieve Klebba on display through the month of April. The show, titled, "Along the Road" includes a collection of photographs taken from the roads in Alaska.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has watercolors from students at Kenai Peninsula College's Kenai River Campus on display through April.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center in Old Town Kenai has the 22nd annual Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Visual Feast juried student art show on display through April in the main gallery, and an "Ity-Bity, Teeny-Weeny Artist Trading Card Exhibit" by the Kenai Fine Arts Center Watercolor Group in the Gallery Too through April.
* The Gary L. Freeburg Gallery at Kenai Peninsula College's Kenai River Campus has a student exhibition on display through April.
* The Keen Eye Birders are calling for artists under the age of 18 to enter a children's art exhibit, "Birds of the Kenai Peninsula" in conjunction with the 2011 Kenai Birding Festival. The exhibit will run May 19-22 at the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge on Ski Hill Road in Soldotna where entry forms and exhibit details are available, and, where entries need to be delivered. Entry information and forms are also available at on www.kenaibirdfest.com. Deadline for entry is May 14. Call Connie Tarbox, 262-7767 with any questions.
* The Life Drawing Group meets from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. every other Thursday until May 26 at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. The fee is $5 to pay the model. Bring your own drawing supplies. For more information, contact Will at 252-7303. For adults only.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Barb Anderson and Lee Johnson at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
* St. Elias Brewing Company is celebrating Cinco de Mayo with a brew for the day and music by Mike Morgan and Friends tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, music by Mike Morgan and Friends on Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Vagabond Inn on K-Beach has a jam session the third Friday of every month. For more information contact Bob Costley at 283-6422 or Dorothy at 398-0471.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has live music by The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with DJ Mark Gage from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has locals night with music by Robb Justice from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursdays, and jazz with Bob and Theresa Ramponi from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.