* Grand opening and artist reception for Pat Lytle at Art Works gallery in the Mooring Plaza from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Artist reception for Steve and Shirley Hillyer at the Tikahtnu Gallery, also in the Mooring Plaza from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Artist reception for Artists Without Borders silk printed images by Sandra Sterling from 5 to 7 p.m. upstairs in the 4D Building on the corner of Marydale and the Kenai Spur Highway in Soldotna. Sterling will showing new photographic processes including silk printed images.
* Artist reception for Small Shots exhibit at the Kenai Fine Arts Center at 816 Cook Ave. Kenai from 6 to 8 p.m.
The center also will host its annual Mother's Day pottery sale from 10 a.m. to 6 p.m. Saturday.
* Artist receptions for potter Penny McLain at the Kobuk location of Kaladi Brothers Coffee and Lila Marey photography at its Sterling Highway location 5:30 to 7 p.m.
* Artist reception for Cara Faith Parker who has watercolors at the Funky Monkey in the C Plaza in Kenai from 6 to 8 p.m.
* Bluegrass jam at the Christ Lutheran Church at 6:30 p.m.
* The Soldotna Senior Center Artist for the month is Richard Burnengo.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call Dave at 262-5125.
* The Kenai Performers have created a four season Poetry Tree in the library where everyone is invited to share a favorite poem with the community. Ask a staff member to attach your poem to the Poetry Tree. For more information, call Julie Niederhauser at 283-4378.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listings, call 262-7021.
* AMVETS Post No. 4 holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and karaoke with Chris and Nita at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* Bluegrass jam sessions are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. Sessions on the first Thursday of the month are at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna.
* Hooligan's in Soldotna has music by the Free Beer Band on Monday nights; karaoke Wednesday nights; 150 Grit on Thursday nights; and live music Friday and Saturday nights.
* Kenai Joes's will host a soft-tip dart banquet Saturday. Live music will be by AK Free Fuel.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has karaoke at 10 p.m. Sundays; free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays; and live music with Maybrey Brothers from 10:30 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m. On Friday and Saturday Ninespine will play from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
* Veronica's in Kenai will host open mic night at 6:30 p.m. Friday; and Saturday, JD Upenon and Don Weller will play at 6:30 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* The Performing Arts Society will host musician, vocalist and storyteller Lauren Pelon at 7 p.m. May 15 at the Kenai Visitor and Cultural Center. Pelon will perform "The Living Roots of Music," a narrated showcase of music from the far corners of the earth and from distant centuries to the present.
Pelon, a founding member of the Alaska-based band Banish Misfortune, has performed worldwide, as well as on Garrison Keillor's Prairie Home Companion.
Tickets are $15 for general admission and $10 for students. Tickets are available at Already Read and Funky Monkey in Kenai and at River City Books, North Country Fair and Sweeney's in Soldotna. For more information, call 907-262-4084.
* A reading by author Miranda Weiss of her book "Tide, Feather, Snow: A Life in Alaska" will be held at 4 p.m. May 17 at River City Books in Soldotna at the Y.
* Michael Reagan will speak and answering questions on "What would Ronald Reagan Do Today?" at 7: 30 p.m. June 3 at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts. The cost will be $34.50 per person. Tickets are available at Blues Central, CenterTix and CenterTix outlets. For more information, call Bob Winn at 907-272-1341.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and show times.
* Gallery Turquoise at Mile 49.5 of the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing is open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment by calling the owner at 907-595-1434.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is located at 3779 Bartlett St. For more information, call 907-235-8635 or e-mail the museum director at email@example.com.
Submissions may be e-mailed to us at firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 283-3299 or dropped off at the Clarion office at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us