* The Kenai Performers, Soldotna Senior Center and Midnight Sun Rowing Club present "Love Rides the Rails (or Will the Mail Train Run Tonight?)," a melodrama by Morland Carey, directed by Terri Zopf-Schoessler, at 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday, and May 20 and 21, at the Soldotna Senior Center. Tickets are $15 available in advance at Curtain Call Consignment and Charlotte's in Kenai and River City Books in Soldotna. For more information, visit www.kenaiperformers.org.
* Triviapalooza, a team trivia competition, will be held at 7 p.m. Friday at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. Registration is $15 per person. First prize is $250. Teams may have up to eight members. Contact the center for more information and to register at 283-1991.
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has a collaborative photography exhibit by Mark and Maria Pierson on display throughout May
* The "8th Annual Small Shots" show is on display at the Kenai Fine Arts Center through the end of the month
* Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway has art by Ryan Helminski on display through May.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center Watercolor Group will hold a watercolor paint-together event from noon to 3 p.m. Saturday. Watercolorists ages 18 and older are invited to share creative time and socializing. Bring watercolor paraphernalia and potluck snacks to share.
* The Keen Eye Birders are calling for artists under the age of 18 to enter a children's art exhibit, "Birds of the Kenai Peninsula" in conjunction with the 2011 Kenai Birding Festival. The exhibit will run May 19-22 at the Kenai National Wildlife Refuge on Ski Hill Road in Soldotna where entry forms and exhibit details are available, and, where entries need to be delivered. Entry information and forms are also available at on www.kenaibirdfest.com. Deadline for entry is May 14. Call Connie Tarbox, 262-7767 with any questions.
* The Life Drawing Group meets from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. every other Thursday until May 26 at the Kenai Fine Arts Center. The fee is $5 to pay the model. Bring your own drawing supplies. For more information, contact Will at 252-7303. For adults only.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will have an open mic Friday at 6:30 p.m. and live music by Kelsey Shields at 6:30 p.m. Saturday.
* St. Elias Brewing Company has live music tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* The Funky Monkey Cafe in Kenai has a song circle from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays, music by Mike Morgan and Friends on Friday from 5 to 7 p.m. and live music Saturdays from 6 to 8 p.m.
* The Vagabond Inn on K-Beach has a jam session the third Friday of every month. For more information contact Bob Costley at 283-6422 or Dorothy at 398-0471.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow bar in Kenai has live music by The Mabrey Brothers at 10 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Hooligans Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with DJ Mark Gage from 10 p.m. to 4 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has locals night with music by Robb Justice from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Thursdays, and jazz with Bob and Theresa Ramponi from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesdays through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us