Breastfeeding class offered
A free breastfeeding class will be held at 11 a.m. Saturday at Special Delivery Maternity on Kalifornsky Beach Road. Tamara Miller, international board-certified lactation consultant, will instruct. For more information or to register, call 398-6667.
Community ping-pong offered
Ping-pong tables are available for community use free of charge from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays through May at Redoubt Elementary School in Soldotna. All skill levels are welcome. New tables have arrived and participants are asked to bring a paddle if they have one, otherwise all equipment is provided. For more information, call 262-7899.
Summer food program offered
The Boys and Girls Club of the Kenai Peninsula, Kenai Clubhouse will participate in the summer food service program. Meals will be provided to all children without charge. Meals will be provided from 8:30 to 9:30 a.m. and noon to 1 p.m. Monday through Friday beginning May 29 through Aug. 17. The club will be closed July 4. For more information and eligibility rules, call the club at 283-2682.
The club also is seeking donations of arts and crafts materials, puzzles, books and gently used sports equipment. For more information, call Kim Lee at 398-9669. Donations are tax deductible.
Classes set to reunite
· Kenai Central High School class of 1997 will hold its 10-year reunion July 6 and 7. The committee is seeking information on former classmates. For a list of classmates or to check in with the committee, e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or visit kchs1997reunion.myevent.com.
· Kenai Central High School class of 1987 will host its 20-year anniversary July 13-15. Reunion organizers are seeking classmates. For more information or to check in, call Sherrie Barlow at (602) 264-3319 or e-mail email@example.com.
· Nikiski High School class of 1997 will hold its reunion May 25 and 26. The classes of 1996 and 1998 are invited, as well as attendees of all classes even if they did not graduate with the class. Events scheduled are dinner at Paradisos at 7 p.m. May 25, Family Day at Nikiski pool at 1 p.m. May 26, and bonfire and optional campout at Captain Cook State Park at 7 p.m. May 26. RSVPs are needed, call Shanda Kitchens (Hall) at 398-9177 for more information.
· Skyview High School class of 1997 will hold its reunion July 27-29. E-mail information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Soldotna High School class of 1997 is planning a class reunion for July 27-29. Class members are sought for updates on how they have spent the past 10 years. Anyone who attended SoHi with the class is invited to the reunion, whether they graduated with the class or not. For more information, call Theresa Sin at email@example.com.
Military reunion planned
Aluetian Island veterans, spouses and guests will hold reunions June 3-7 in Cillicothe, Mo.; Aug. 11 in Clio, Mich; Sept. 4-6 in Williams, Calif.; Oct. 26-28 in Archbold, Ohio; and Nov. 11-13 in Laughlin, Nev. For more information or registration application, send a self-addressed stamped No. 10 envelope to Al King, P.O. Box 130327, Sunrise FL. 33313, call (954) 423-1852 or e-mail him at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Working digital cameras, photo printers sought
The Soldotna Rotary Club is seeking donations of working digital cameras and photo printers for the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District’s art program. Equipment may be dropped off at Sweeney’s Clothing or Joe Kashi law office.
For more information, call 398-0480.
Alzheimer’s information available
The Kenai Senior Citizens Center has an Alzheimer’s resource center. Material is available for lending free of charge to families and caregivers of Alzheimer’s and dementia patients.
Social Security reps to visit peninsula
The Social Security Administration makes monthly visits to the peninsula at the following times: first Tuesday of the month from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Kenai City Hall; third Thursday of the month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Homer Senior Citizens Center; and the third Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Seward City Hall. For more information, call (907) 271-4829.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us