Kenai library has busy week
The Kenai Municipal Library has the following events this week:
· Friends of the Library will meet at 5:45 p.m. today;
· Russian story time at 11 a.m. and Totem Tracers at 6:30 p.m. Tuesday;
· Toddler story time at 11 a.m. Wednesday;
· Preschool story time at 10:30 a.m. and Writers’ Group at 6:30 p.m. Thursday; and
· A drawing for a CD Saturday.
Rowing classes set to stroke
The Alaska Midnight Sun Rowing Club will host learn to row classes from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. June 3 and 4 at Mackey Lake. Participants are asked to bring a sack lunch, The club will provide a barbecue dinner after each class. The cost is $85 per class. Registration forms are available online at www.alaskarowing.org.
For more information or to register, call Judy at 260-4928 or Yvette at 262-0649.
Brain injury awareness walk set to take off
The 10th annual Brain Awareness Walk and barbecue will be held June 3. Sponsor sheets are available at the Independent Living Center, Bridges and by calling Mary Warrington of the Brain Injury Support Group at 283-5711.
Lacrosse club seeks members
The Central Peninsula Lacrosse Club is seeking members and participants. Registration has begun and the season will run June 12 to Aug. 10. The cost is $100.
For more information, e-mail KENAILAX@hotmail.com or write to P.O. Box 3441, Soldotna, AK 99669.
Class reunions set
The following classes are seeking information on class members in planning reunions:
· Kenai Central High School class of 1976. For more information, call Sherrie (Stiers) Dahlen at 283-4485 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Soldotna High School class of 1986 reunion will be held July 21 through 23. For more information contact Bridgette (Nelson) Attleson at 252-7793 or email@example.com, or Rhonda (Krapp) Orth at 262-6586.
· Kenai Central High School class of 1986. For more information, call Beth (Ernst) Grey at (907) 456-4739 or e-mail her at firstname.lastname@example.org.
· The Skyview High School class of 1996 reunion will be held July 21 through 23. More information is available on the Web site www.skyview1996.myevent.com.
· Kenai Central High School Class of 1987 reunion will be held June June 22 through 24, 2007. For more information, e-mail email@example.com.
Farm Family of the Year nominations open
The Alaska State Fair’s seeking nominations for the seventh annual Farm Family of the Year. The Farm Family selection committee will elect a family, using the following criteria: Production of quality Alaska-grown products, community involvement, agricultural industry organizations and overall farm family image.
The award will be presented at the fair on opening day, Aug. 24.
Nominations should offer details about the family and how the family members fulfill the criteria. The written descriptions should be mailed to: Farm Family, Alaska State Fair, 2075 Glenn Hwy., Palmer, AK 99645, or faxed to (907)746-2699. Nominations may also be e-mailed to Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline for receipt at the fair office is June 23.
Nursing Home Week celebration plans
Heritage Place in Soldotna will celebrate National Nursing Home Week through Friday. It will hold variety of different activities daily. It also will host an open house Wednesday. Events are open to the public.
For more information, a list of events or time of the open house, call Gwen or Wendy at 262-2545.
Host families sought
The following agencies are seeking families to host exchange students: Forte International is seeking volunteers willing to host exchange students from Mongolia, China and South Korea. ages 15 to 18. For more information, call (877) 520-2522 or e-mail them at ForteInternational@yahoo.com.; NW Services is seeking families to host students from Japan, Mongolia, Germany and Albania. For more information, call (866) 846-3977 or Clark Fair at 262-1724; and Cultural Homestay International is seeking families to host students from all over the globe. For more information, call (800) 210-6080.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us