Personal-use permits available

Posted: Monday, May 17, 2004

The Cook Inlet personal-use salmon permits are available at more than 60 licensed vendors in the Southcentral area, as well as from the Alaska Department of Fish and Game offices in Soldotna, Homer and Palmer.

Vendors are listed on the department's Web site at

The permits allow Alaska residents to dipnet at the mouth of the Kenai and Kasilof rivers and use gillnet at the mouth of the Kasilof.

Permits are free, however, applicants must have a valid sportfishing license, which must be kept in the resident's possession on the beach while dipnetting or gillnetting.

Only one permit is allowed per household.

Opening dates are published in the Southcentral Alaska regulation booklet.

For more information, contact Fish and Game in Soldotna at 262-9368. In Homer, call 235-8191.

Subscribe to Peninsula Clarion

Trending this week:


© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us