Chambers set schedules
· Nikiski Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon today at the Nikiski Community Recreation Center in the multipurpose room. Jennifer Beckman of CARTS will speak. For more information, call Judene Van Cleave at 776-5551. Rep. Mike Chenault will be the speaker May 24.
The chamber will adjorn for the summer from June 1 through Aug. 31.
· The Soldotna Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Tuesday at Froso’s in Soldotna. Merrill Sikorski will speak on Caring For the Kenai. For more information, call Michelle at 262-9814.
· The Kenai Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at the Kenai Merit Inn in Kenai. For more information, call Janie at 283-7989.
· The Anchor Point Chamber of Commerce will meet at noon Wednesday at the Anchor River Inn.
Tourism to be discussed
The Kenai Convention and Visitors Bureau, Inc. will host a free “Get to Know Kenai” for community members interested in learning what the area has to offer. A continental breakfast will be held at 9 a.m., followed by presentations and panel discussions from industry leaders. A motor coach tour will begin at noon to view local attractions and recreational locations. Lunch will follow. For more information or to RSVP, call 283-1991.
Youth cooking classes offered
Pint Size Workshop cooking classes are held at 10 a.m. Saturdays at Allen and Petersen Cooking and Appliance Center in Kenai.
Admission is two cans of food or a $2 donation to the Kenai Peninsula Food Bank. A parent must remain in the store during the 30-minute workshops.
Small business workshop offered
Kenai Peninsula Small Business Development Center will hold the following workshop at its office in the Red Diamond Center on Kalifornsky Beach Road:
· May 29 Budget and financial analysis will be held from 2 to 5 p.m. The cost is $15. Deadline to register is May 27.
For more information, call Bunny at 260-5629 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Crime Stoppers seeks support
The Central Peninsula Crime Stoppers board is seeking community support for its annual poster drive. With sponsorship from area businesses, the group each year publishes posters featuring the phone number of the local Crime Stoppers tip-line. The posters are displayed in businesses and public locations around the peninsula. Each poster also features replication of a business card representing each of 15 sponsors.
Businesses, groups or individuals wishing to sponsor posters can do so for a donation of $50 or more. The $50 fee will get their name on the poster. A $100 donation will sponsor 30 posters. Donations beyond the cost of publishing the posters will be used for payment of rewards for information that helps solve crimes on the peninsula.
Crime Stoppers has been active on the peninsula for more than 20 years and been instrumental in solving nearly 250 crimes ranging from murder and theft to narcotics. More than $200,000 worth of stolen property has been recovered locally, and more than $1.6 million in illegal drugs have been confiscated. Central Peninsula Crime Stoppers has paid out more than $16,000 in rewards.
To help sponsor a poster or for more information, call Susan Savely at 252-8890. Donations are tax deductible and also can be sent to Crime Stoppers, P.O. Box 1341, Kenai, AK 99611.
The Business page appears each Thursday in the Peninsula Clarion.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or faxed to 283-3299.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us