* Skyview -- from June 7-Aug. 8, morning Lap Swim and Water Aerobics will be held Monday-Friday from 7:30-10:30 a.m.; Swim Lessons will be held Monday-Friday from 11 a.m.-1:55 p.m.; Private Lessons Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 2:30-3:30 p.m.; Open Swim and Lap on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 3:30-5:30 p.m.; Evening Water Aerobics/ Independent Physical Therapy on Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays from 5:30-6:30 p.m.; Private Lessons Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:30-5:30 p.m.; and Organized Lap Swim Workout Tuesdays and Thursdays from 5:30-7 p.m. S
Swim lessons -- June 7-18; June 21-July 2; July 5-16; and July 19-30. Lesson times are 11-11:40 a.m., 11:45 a.m.-12:25 p.m., 12:30-1:10 p.m. and 1:15-1:55 p.m. Swim lessons are 40 minutes a day for 10 days at 50 a student (Mon-Fri) and private lessons are 15 for 30 minutes.
* Kenai Pool-- Lap Swim Monday-Friday from 6:30-8 a.m.; Piranha swim team Monday-Friday from 8-10 a.m.; and Open Swim Monday-Friday from 1-2:45 p.m.
Swim Lessons -- (Red Cross Certified Instructors) Ten days of swim lessons for 40 minutes (Mondays- Friday). Lesson dates: June 1-11 (Closed Memorial Day) Only 9 days of lessons; June 14-25; June 28-July 9; July 12-23; and July 26-Aug. 6. Lesson times 10-10:40 a.m.; 10:45-11:25 a.m.; 11:30 a.m.-12:10 p.m.; 12:15-12:55 p.m.; 12:15- 12:45 p.m. (3 and 4 year olds); and Private Lessons 3-3:30 p.m., 3:30-4 p.m. Need to sign-up for lessons in advance at the pool. Private Swim lessons times or pool rentals are available. The cost is $50 Swim lesson (10 days of lessons); $4 Lap swim or Open swim; $35 for a punch card/ 10 punches on the card; $15 for 1/2 hour of Private lessons. Register for swim lessons in advance at the Kenai Pool. Pool rentals are available. Call 283-7476 for more information.
The American Legion Auxiliary is sponsoring a trash and treasure sale May 21 and 22 from 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. at the American Legion Building, 902 Cook Ave., Kenai. Table space is $20 per day per space if you have items you want to sell. Vendors are welcome. Inside and smoke free environment.
Call Dottie Fischer at 907-953-7150 to make arrangements. Set up will be Thursday from 4 to 6 p.m.
A Relay For Life rummage sale will be held Saturday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at Curves by Harry's at the "Y" in Soldotna. All proceeds go to Relay for Life. For more information or to donate items or money, call 260-7775.
Grace Lutheran Church and School, on Ciechanski Road, one block off Kalifornsky Beach will host a community Fun Fest from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. Saturday.
Games, activities for all ages, Dynojump, free hot dogs, pop, popcorn, cotton candy, snowcones and drawings every half hour are some of the planned events. Call 283-9551 for more information.
The Sterling Senior Center will host the following events -- Prime rib dinner June 5 from 5 to 7 p.m. The dinner will include 8 ounces of prime rib steak, baked potato, whole kernel corn or carrots, tossed salad, rolls, beverage and a fruit cup for dessert. The cost will be $12.50 for adults or $7 for children 10 years old and under.
The Senior picnic will be held June 25 at the Soldotna Creek Park. Seniors from the Kenai Peninsula will gather from 10:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
A Self-defense class taught by certified instructors will be held June1-4from 5:30 to 9 p.m. and a key chain self defense course June5 from 10 a.m. to noon at the LDS Church on Marydale in Soldotna (next to the hospital. The cost is $50 per person. Call 260-5202 Betty for more information or to enroll.
The Soldotna High School Football players are offering their services to raise money for camp. For help with cleaning, moving, gardening, or any odd jobs call, 420-3929.
The Soldotna Public Library at 235 N. Binkley Street will host its annual summer reading programs -- "Make a Splash-READ," (Preschool and kindergarten through sixth grade) "Make Waves @ Your Library," (Teens), and "Water Your Mind." (Adults) Programs start May 28 and run through July 23. These free programs are open to young people, preschool age through young adult and families, with programs, prize drawings, story times, activities, contests and more. An open registration begins May 26 and closes July 16.
A Kick-off event will be held May 28 at 2 p.m. An educator from the Alaska SeaLife Center will present "Marine Mammal Adaptations."
For more information, call 262-4227.
Swim team seeks members
Soldotna Silver Salmon Swim Team will have summer swimming practice at the Soldotna High School pool. Swimmers who pass level 4 swim lessons and are interested in trying out for the team may contact Sohail Marey at Sohail@kpbsd.k12.ak.us or call the pool between 8 a.m. and 10 a.m. at 262-7419.
Tryouts will be held from 9 a.m. to 10 a.m. at the pool Wednesdays and Thursdays through July.
The Central Peninsula Garden Club will host the following events:
* Saturday -Raised bed from the bottom up, Successful composting at home and in town, Basics of brooding poultry and game birds and Raised beds established and new,
* May 23 -Arbor and trellis building
* May 29- Scaling up your garden for self sufficiency or market gardening, Giant pumpkin growing and other greenhouse and soil enhancements.
For workshop registration, call Marion Nelson at 283-4632 or email@example.com .
* The Garden Club's spring fundraiser of selling Alaska SeaAg fertilizer is open until May 20. This Fertilizer is ground Alaska white cod fish bone meal and comes in -50 pound bags and 10 pound "jugs". The club is also selling highly concentratedKelp Powder in 1 pound bags.1 pound of concentrate makes enough "tea" to foliate/spray an acre 3 times.
* June 12 plant sale. Members are encouraged to start at least 10 plants and one hanging basket. Clean pots are available at the Friday night speaker programs this month, for those who will return them with plant sale plants in June.
* July and August -Local Garden Tours to various gardens, farms, places of interest to growers. Tours are open
to paid members. Membership Dues: $20 Annually, $30 for Couples.
CPGC Mailing Address: PO Box 767, Kenai AK, 99611 www.cenpengardenclub.org. Contact Marion Nelson for more information, 283 4632 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Peninsula Clarion ©2015. All Rights Reserved.