Fire broke out in a trailer home at the Salmon Creek trailer court in Seward Friday.
Troopers from Seward and the Bear Creek Volunteer Fire Department arrived on the scene at 12:47 a.m. and discovered Deniece Kay Jackson, 41, inside the trailer. Jackson had no pulse and was badly burned.
She was removed from the fire and resuscitated on the scene by EMS personnel. Jackson was transported to Seward's Providence Hospital and immediately airlifted to Providence Hospital in Anchorage.
At 6 a.m. Friday, the state fire marshal arrived at the site of the burned trailer.
"It isn't known how the fire started," said Alaska State Trooper Brandon Anderson. "But the fire marshal indicated it started in the kitchen area."
Anderson confirmed that the door to the trailer had been padlocked from the outside.
"We are actively investigating it," Anderson said.
The trailer was declared a total loss, estimated value approximately $2,000.
Peninsula Clarion ©2013. All Rights Reserved.