* An Artists' Reception for the "Peeps Art and Photo Exhibit" will be held at 4 p.m. Saturday at the Blazy Mall in Soldotna (See story, this page). Kenai Peninsula wildlife art created by local children will be on display in this event running in conjunction with the Kenai Birding Celebration Saturday and Sunday.
* Artists Without Borders presents silk printed images by Sandra Sterling upstairs in the 4D Building on the corner of Marydale and the Kenai Spur Highway in Soldotna. Sterling is showing new photographic processes including silk printed images.
* The Soldotna Senior Center Artist for the month is Richard Burnengo.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call Dave at 262-5125.
* The Kenai Performers have created a four season Poetry Tree in the library where everyone is invited to share a favorite poem with the community. Ask a staff member to attach your poem to the Poetry Tree. For more information, call Julie Niederhauser at 283-4378.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listings, call 262-7021.
* AMVETS Post No. 4 holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and karaoke with Chris and Nita at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* Bluegrass jam sessions are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. Sessions on the first Thursday of the month are at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna.
* Hooligan's in Soldotna has music by the Free Beer Band on Monday nights; karaoke Wednesday nights; 150 Grit on Thursday nights; and live music Friday and Saturday nights.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has karaoke at 10 p.m. Sundays; free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Mondays and Wednesdays; and live music with Maybrey Brothers from 10:30 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* St. Elias Brewing Co., next to Fred Meyer in Soldotna will host Mike Morgan playing acoustic classics, folk, blues and Hawaiian slack key from 7 to 9 p.m. today.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m. On Friday and Saturday Ninespine will play from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
* Vagabond Inn will feature Dementia with Mark LeBrell and Ron Miller at 9 p.m.
* Veronica's in Kenai will host open mic night at 6:30 p.m. Friday; and Saturday, Erika Smith, Alecia Smith, Shelby Smith, Sydney Smith and Katie Evans as TheGoodKind will play at 6:30 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and show times.
* Michael Reagan will speak and answering questions on "What would Ronald Reagan Do Today?" at 7:30 p.m. June 3 at the Alaska Center for the Performing Arts. The cost will be $34.50 per person. Tickets are available at Blues Central, CenterTix and CenterTix outlets. For more information, call Bob Winn at 907-272-1341.
* Gallery Turquoise at Mile 49.5 of the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing is open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment by calling the owner at 907-595-1434.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is located at 3779 Bartlett St. For more information, call 907-235-8635 or e-mail the museum director at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com, faxed to 283-3299 or dropped off at the Clarion office at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us