ABATE helps raise funds for Shriners' hospitals
Kenai Peninsula ABATE (Alaska Bikers Advocating Training and Education) would like to thank all of those who are involved in the fifth annual ABC Fund Run.
The Alaska Bikers for Children run raises funds for any of Alaska's children who need the type of help offered by the Shriners' hospitals.
Several times each year screening clinics are held at Alaska Regional Hospital in Anchorage. Coinciding with a clinic held May 12, several local motorcycle groups took part in a ride from Park Strip in Anchorage to Alaska Regional Hospital.
Thanks to the supporters listed below -- and to the motorcyclists themselves -- more than $5,300 was raised this year and presented to the Shriners at the end of the ride. Two large hospital laundry totes were filled with stuffed animals as well.
Special thanks to: A-1 Enterprises, Arby's, city of Kenai, Davis Block, D.C. Rappe Excavating, Decanter Inn, Fireweed Fence, Frontier Auto Supply, Keen-Eye Joe's, Kenai Peninsula Harley-Davidson, Metal Magic, Offshore Systems Alaska, Peninsula Weapons Academy, Rainbow Bar, Renegade Custom Cycle Supply, Scooter Tramps M/C, Soldotna Pawn, Tesoro Alaska, Unocal Oil and Gas, and Uptown Motel.
Kenai Peninsula ABATE would also like to thank the city of Anchorage, Mayor George Weurch and the Anchorage Police Department for the parade permit and escort for the ride to the hospital.
Bikers with hearts, thanks to everyone who contributed time, money, toys, selves -- all for the sake of a smile and a possibly healed body.
Glenn Tisdale, president Kenai Peninsula ABATE
Bachelors, many others make benefit auction successful
Little Lost Angels Bachelor Benefit Auction was a success thanks to many. Special thanks to:
* The Chase is Over for donating a portion of the dinner cost and for serving a terrific four course dinner;
* Dean's Peninsula Printing; Art and Barbara, thank you for printing the tickets and posters at no cost, your generosity always touches us;
* Charlotte Legg, you were a fantastic auctioneer; thanks for keeping us laughing.
* Becky Vandehey, we love the clay angel figures you have created especially for us; thank you for your time and creativity;
* Unocal Oil and Gas, the bachelor you sponsored from your organization raised the most money, more than $600; we hope he's still single next year; thank you;
* And thanks to River City Books, Merit Inn, Birch Ridge Golf Course, Etc by Su, New Millennium Salon, KSRM, Kenai Chrysler, Paradisos, Zac's Guide Service, Duck Inn, Mykel's, Compass Rose Charters, Rollin West Ranch and BJ's;
* A huge thank you to all our bachelors: Ken Roser, Billy Meyer, Jamie Harris, Jeff Lisonbee, Chris Northcutt, Tray Geeslin, Tim Travers, Wes Kvasnikoff, Fred Braun, Andrew Lindberg, Clint Hall, Jim Stretch, Ty Knutson, Jeff Leete, Tim Navarre and Jerry Pate.
Lisa Best, president; Stacie Krause, vice president; Sheila Best, treasurer, Little Lost Angels
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us