* A Peninsula Cowboy Round-Up Family Rodeo Series will start at 2 p.m. Saturday and Sunday at the Soldotna Rodeo Grounds. Contact 398-6035 for more information, or 283-3093 to enter.
* Peeps Art and Photography Exhibit opens tonight at 4:30 p.m. with an artists reception in the Blazy Mall.
* Kaladi Brothers on Kobuk Street has "A bit of this and a bit of that" show by Connie and Jay Goltz and Emily Steele throughout the month of May
* Artists without Borders has its monthly exhibit at the 4-D Interiors Building
* Art Works Gallery in Soldotna has an exhibit by Laurie Marta and Wade Wahrenbock during May
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center has the exhibit "Small Shots" during May
* The Funky Monkey in Kenai has the Kenai Peninsula Outdoor Club group photography exhibit during through the end of the month
* Kaladi Brothers on the Sterling Highway has photography by Elaine Howell on display in May.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center has "Sacred Space: Sacred Time," an exhibit of icons from the Russian Orthodox Church, on display through the summer.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* St. Elias Brewing company has live music from tonight from 7 to 9 p.m.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will host open mic from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday; Closed Saturday in honor of Memorial Day Weekend.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* Hooligan's Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association. Starting Friday, Hobo Jim will play at the Riverside every Friday and Saturday nights at 8 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in The Blazy Mall will host local musicians from 5 to 9 p.m. Fridays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has live music by Robb Justice from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursdays for local's night and Bob Ramponi plays every Friday and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* Pier One Theatre presents Much Ado About Nothing, Shakespeare's classic comedy, at Pier One Theatre on the Homer Spit, weekends from May 28-June 12. Call (907) 235-7333 to make a reservation.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us