Worley graduates from basic
Air National Guard Airman 1st Class Wendy L. Worley of Kenai has graduated from basic military training at Lackland Air Force Base, San Antonio.
Worley earned credits toward an associate degree through the Community College of the Air Force. She is at electricians school at Keesler Air Force Base in Mississippi.
She is the daughter of Nancy Wiles and Mike Wiles of Kenai and a 2002 graduate of Kenai Central High School.
Kilfoyle receives honors
Kasilof resident Rebecca Kilfoyle was recognized for her outlasting academic achievement at St. Olaf College in North Field, Minn. To be recognized, students must maintain a grade point average of at least 3.3 or higher.
Kilfoyle is a freshman majoring in chemistry.
She is the daughter of Thomas and Cosette Kilfoyle of Kasilof.
Smola earns scholarship
Soldotna resident Jennifer Smola is the recipient of a Pollock Conservation Cooperative Foundation Scholarship in the amount of $1,500 for the 2007-08 school year.
The Pollock Conservation Cooperative is a private sector initiative by the Bering Sea Pollock catcher/processor fleet to further improve conservation and utilization of marine resources. Members also support marine mammal research being conducted by a consortium of Northwest and Alaska universities.
Smola a senior majoring in marine biology at Alaska Pacific University in Anchorage. She is a 2004 graduate of Soldotna High School.
She is the daughter of Abby Smola of Soldotna, and Jim Smola of Anchorage.
Following are the results for the first Soldotna Equestrian Association’s Playday/Gymkhana event held May 12:
· Six and under: Hi-Point champion Laynee Strausbaugh of Soldotna with 14 points and Elementary Reserve Hi-Point Champion Brock Sarks from Sears Elementary School with 12 points.
· Seven to 11: Hi-Point Champion Teresa Bitterich from Nikiski North Star Elementary School with 17 points and Reserve Hi-Point Champion Stephen Kitson home-school with 12 points.
· Twelve to 17: Hi-Point Champion Jake Fowler from Skyview High School with 14 points and Reserve Hi-Point Champion Colten Jensen from Soldotna High School.
· Eighteen to 44: Hi-Point Champion Chelsey Hackett with 25 points and Reserve Hi-Point Champion Mellissa Fowler with 16 points.
· Fourty-five and Over: Hi-Point Champion Garnet Sarks with 22 points and Reserve Hi-Point Champion Walt Williamson with 15 points.
Peninsula Clarion © 2016. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us