Dog Jog set to go
Twin Cities Veterinary Clinic will host its fourth annual Dog Jog at 2 p.m. today at the clinic. Funds will benefit the clinic’s Angel Fund.
Participants can either run or walk. The cost is $20 and includes a bandana for your pet and picnic lunch. Prizes will be awarded to top finishers for the 3-mile run.
Social Security reps to visit
The Social Security Administration makes monthly visits to the peninsula at the following times: first Tuesday of the month from 10 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Kenai City Hall; third Thursday of the month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at the Homer Senior Citizens Center; and the third Friday of each month from 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. at Seward City Hall. For more information, call (907) 271-4829.
Swim lessons make a splash
Swim lessons are offered at the following pools:
· Soldotna High School Swim sessions will be 10 days of lessons, for 40 minutes. Lessons are open for children ages 3 and older. Preregistration is recommended. Lessons will be held: Monday-June 15; June 18-29; (pool closed July 2-6); July 9-20; and July 23-Aug. 3. Lessons are offered six times a day. For more information, call 262-7419. The cost is $40 for a swim lessons set.
Pool hours are: lap swim from 6 to 8 a.m. Monday through Friday, and open swim from 2 to 4 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
· Kenai Central High School Summer swim schedule begins Monday. Swim lessons: Eight days of swim lessons for 40 minutes Tuesdays through Fridays. Preregistration required. Lessons will be held: Tuesday- June 15; June 19-29; July 3-13 (closed July 4); and July 17-27.
Pool hours will be lap swim from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday; and swim workout 8 to 9 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $32 per swim lesson session; $3 for lap swim or open swim; or $25 for a punch card with 10 punches on the card. Pool rentals also are available. For more information, call 283-7476.
· Nikiski pool Swimming lessons will be held: Tuesday- June 21; June 26-July 12; and July 17-Aug. 2. For more information, call 776-8800.
Golf tourney set to swing
The 21st annual Masonic Open Golf Tournament fundraiser will be held at 8 a.m. Saturday at the Kenai Municipal Golf Course. Supporters may enter as a player for $65; sponsor a hole for $100; or make a tax-deductible contribution.
Player fees include greens fees and barbecue dinner. Mulligans are available for $5 each. For more information, call 262-4912.
Teens for rent
Soldotna High School football players are seeking odd jobs to make money for summer camp. For individuals or small groups, call Holly at 260-4194. For full-team jobs, call coach Baker at 398-6368.
Digital cameras sought
The Soldotna Rotary Club is seeking donations of working digital cameras and photo printers for the Kenai Peninsula Borough School District’s art program. Equipment may be dropped off at Sweeney’s Clothing or Joe Kashi law office.
Classes set to reunite
· Kenai Central High School class of 1997 will hold its 10-year reunion July 6 and 7. The committee is seeking information on former classmates. For a list of classmates or to check in with the committee, e-mail email@example.com or visit kchs1997reunion.myevent.com.
· Kenai Central High School class of 1987 will host its 20-year anniversary July 13-15. Reunion organizers are seeking classmates. For more information or to check in, call Sherrie Barlow at (602) 264-3319 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Skyview High School class of 1997 will hold its 10-year reunion July 27-29. Events scheduled are: happy hour at Hooligans July 27 at 7 p.m.; dinner at Paradisos July 28 at 6 p.m.; and a family picnic at Soldotna Creek Park July 29 at noon. Everyone is invited to the picnic who attended Skyview, even if they did not graduate with the class. RSVP is required for the dinner and picnic. For more information, e-mail Kanani at email@example.com.
· Soldotna High School class of 1997 is planning a class reunion for July 27-29. Class members are sought for updates on how they have spent the past 10 years. Anyone who attended SoHi with the class is invited to the reunion, whether they graduated with the class or not. For more information, call Theresa Sin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us