Tuesday night, with only minutes to spare, the Kenai Peninsula Borough assembly approved Resolution 2007-035 that set the property tax mill rates for the borough and its service areas.
All residents except those exempted seniors and disabled vets will pay the boroughwide 5.5-mill levy on real property. Finance Director Craig Chapman said the administration intends to make a further reduction to 5.3 mills in fiscal year 2009.
Here are the service area mill rates (1 mill represents a $100 tax on $100,000 worth of property value):
· Nikiski Fire Service Area, 3.0 mills
· Bear Creek Fire Service Area, 2.25 mills
· Anchor Point fire and Emergency Medical Service Area, 2 mills
· Central Emergency Service Area, 2.55 mills
· Kachemak Emergency Service Area, 1.75 mills
· Lowell Point Emergency Service Area, 1.75 mills
· Central Kenai Peninsula Emergency Medical Service Area, 1 mill
· North Kenai Peninsula recreation Service Area, 1 mill
· Kenai Peninsula Borough Road Service Area, 1.3 mills
· Seward Bear Creek Flood Service Area, 0.5 mill
· Nikiski Senior Service Area, 0.2 mill
· Central Kenai Peninsula Hospital Service Area, 1.0 mill
· South Kenai Peninsula Hospital Service Area, 2.0 mills.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.