* The Kenai River Festival starts Friday and runs through Sunday at the Soldotna Creek Park in downtown Soldotna. The event is hosted by the Kenai Watershed Forum and KDLL Public Radio.
* Laura Faeo and Regina McAbee have a show at the Kenai Fine Arts Center this month.
* Painter Alice Thaggard has an exhibit at Art Works gallery in Soldotna throughout June.
* Artists Without Borders has their June exhibit displayed at the 4D Interior building in Soldotna.
* "Becoming Ron," a show by Nicole Lopez and Brandi Kerley will be at Coffee Roasters in the Red Diamond Center.
* Through the Season Quilt Group has a display of quilts at the Funky Monkey in Kenai this month.
* The Dragonfly Gallery in Soldotna will have work by Homer quilt artist Dana Lewis on display during June.
* Art by Annette Beck, Haley Trefon and Meghan Ussing will be on display at the Sterling Highway Kaladi Brothers throughout June.
* Kaladi Brothers on South Kobuk has art by Richard Bornengo during the month of June. He will host a meet the artist opportunity there today.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center has "Sacred Space: Sacred Time," an exhibit of icons from the Russian Orthodox Church, on display through the summer.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will hold a summer interpretive film series this week about the "Sacred Space, Sacred Time" exhibit, dog sledding, Bush pilots and Alaska natural history at 10 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. through Saturday. Admission is $5 adults, $3 for seniors and free for students. Call 283-1991 for more information.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* St. Elias Brewing company has live music by Mike Morgan tonight from 7 to 9 p.m., and music by Jesse Tauriainen on Tuesday. The brewery will have live music every Tuesday and Thursday nights throughout the summer.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will host open mic from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday; Robert Pepper at 6:30 p.m. will perform live music Saturday starting at 6:30 p.m.
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* The Vagabond Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road will host Gary "Alaska" Sloan playing "Kansas City Blues" on Friday starting at 9 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday.
* Hooligan's Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association. Hobo Jim will play at the Riverside every Friday and Saturday nights throughout the summer from 8 to 11 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in The Blazy Mall will host local musicians from 5 to 9 p.m. Fridays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has live music by Robb Justice from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursdays for local's night and Bob Ramponi plays every Friday and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* Pier One Theatre presents Much Ado About Nothing, Shakespeare's classic comedy, at Pier One Theatre on the Homer Spit, weekends through June 12. Call (907) 235-7333 to make a reservation. On June 17, 18, and 19 Pier One Theater presents the glam-rock musical Hedwig and The Angry Inch. The musical has adult language, themes, and lyrics. Must be 18 to attend. Runs June 17 and 18 at 7:30 p.m., and June 19 at 8:15 p.m.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us