Swim lessons make a splash
Swim lessons are offered at the following pools:
· Soldotna High School Swim sessions will be 10 days of lessons, for 40 minutes. Lessons are open for children ages 3 and older. Preregistration is recommended. Lessons will be held: Monday through June 29; (pool closed July 2-6); July 9-20; and July 23-Aug. 3. Lessons are offered six different times a day. For more information, call 262-7419. The cost is $40 for swim lessons set. Private and semi-private lessons are available. Pool hours are: lap swim from 6 to 8 a.m. Monday through Friday, and open swim from 2 to 4 p.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.
· Kenai Central High School Swim lessons: Eight days of swim lessons for 40 minutes Tuesdays through Fridays (call for times). Preregistration required. Lessons will be held: June 19-29; July 3-13 (closed July 4); and July 17-27.
Pool hours will be lap swim from 6:30 to 7:30 a.m. Monday through Friday; and swim workout 8 to 9 a.m. Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays. The cost is $32 per swim lesson session; $3 for lap swim or open swim; or $25 for a punch card with 10 punches on the card. For more information, call 283-7476.
· Nikiski pool Swimming lessons will be held: June 26-July 12 for competitive swim and juniors, lifeguarding, beginners, advanced beginners and Tiny Tots; and July 17-Aug. 2 for intermediates, beginners, advanced beginners and Tiny Tots. For more information, call 776-8800.
Garden club digs in
The Central Peninsula Garden Club will meet at 7 p.m. Tuesday at the Cook Inlet Aquaculture Building on Kalifornsky Beach Road near the Bridge Access Road intersection.
The meeting will feature a plant exchange in the back parking area near the building. Plants must be identified and in some kind of container. If you do not have plants to trade, the club will provide a way for you to participate.
The featured speaker will be Janice Chumley with the University of Alaska Fairbanks Cooperative Extension Service, Kenai Peninsula District, who will discuss “When beauty goes bad,” a program about invasive plants and how to identify them. Door prizes will be awarded and refreshments available. For more information, call Marion Nelson at 283-4632 or Donna Van Lone at 260-9330.
Luau fundraiser ready to entertain
The Soldotna Senior Citizens Center will hold its annual Hawaiian luau at 5:30 p.m. Saturday at the center. Dinner, live music, door prizes are some of the planned events.
Ticket prices are $20 for adults and $12 for children under 12. For more information or to make a reservation, call 262-2322.
Classes set to reunite
· Kenai Central High School class of 1997 will hold its 10-year reunion July 6 and 7. The committee is seeking information on former classmates. For a list of classmates or to check in with the committee, e-mail email@example.com or visit kchs1997reunion.myevent.com.
· Kenai Central High School class of 1987 will host its 20-year anniversary July 13-15. Reunion organizers are seeking classmates. For more information or to check in, call Sherrie Barlow at (602) 264-3319 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Skyview High School class of 1997 will hold its 10-year reunion July 27-29. Events scheduled are: happy hour at Hooligans July 27 at 7 p.m.; dinner at Paradisos July 28 at 6 p.m.; and a family picnic at Soldotna Creek Park July 29 at noon. Everyone is invited to the picnic who attended Skyview, even if they did not graduate with the class. RSVP is required for the dinner and picnic. For more information, e-mail Kanani at email@example.com.
· Soldotna High School class of 1997 is planning a class reunion for July 27-29. Class members are sought for updates on how they have spent the past 10 years. Anyone who attended SoHi with the class is invited to the reunion, whether they graduated with the class or not. For more information, call Theresa Sin at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Magic in the air
The Wildest Magic in Alaska with Magical Don will be held at 6 p.m. Thursday at the Kenai Boys and Girls Club. Youths must be accompanied by an adult. Admission at the door is $5 per person, or $20 per family.
For more information, call Kimberli Dent at 398-2370 or visit www. positiveplaceforkids.com.
Father’s Day brunch
A Father’s Day brunch will be held from 10 a.m. to 2:30 p.m. Sunday at Nikiski Senior Citizens Center, one mile off the Kenai Spur Highway on Island Lake Road. The cost is $7.50 for adults and $3 for children 5 and under.
For more information, call 776-7654.
There will be a free film and class in the Bradley method of husband coached childbirth at 7:15 p.m. Tuesday in Soldotna. For more information or location of meeting, call Olga at 260-2665.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us