* Kenai Convention and Visitors Bureau will host Bill Heath, professional photographer and trail guide, who will give a presentation on seven hikes on the Kenai Peninsula including photographs, tips and more at 1 p.m. today. The presentation is included in admission to the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center.; and Ken Tarbox, retired fish and wildlife biologist, will give a presentation on the Kenai Peninsula Wildlife Viewing Trail at 1 p.m. Friday. Learn about the trail system, how to use the Kenai Peninsula Wildlife Viewing Trail Guide, and learn about some of the species to be found in the area. The presentation is included with admission to the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center.
For more information, call Laura at 283-1991.
* Kaladi Brothers Coffee Artists of the Month for its Kobuk store are Connie Goltz, Jay Goltz, and Dick and Loretta Hann the Retired Hands; and its artist of the month for its Sterling Highway store is Annette Beck.
* Artists Without Borders group show, "Color Me Blue" is on display upstairs in the 4D Building on the corner of Marydale and the Spur Highway in Soldotna.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call Dave at 262-5125.
* The Kenai Fine Art Center's June exhibit is "Reflections: Sunrise to Sunset." A three person exhibit featuring the dolls of Karen Fogarty, the fiber art of Ann Lillian Schell and the photography of Dale Otcheck. The center is open Monday through Saturday from noon to 6 p.m.
* The Kenai Performers have created a four season Poetry Tree in the library where everyone is invited to share a favorite poem with the community. Ask a staff member to attach your poem to the Poetry Tree. For more information, call Julie Niederhauser at 283-4378.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listings, call 262-7021.
* AMVETS Post No. 4 holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and Steak Night and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* BJ's in Soldotna will host Alaska's balladeer Hobo Jim Friday and Saturday and June 19, 20, 26 and 27; July 3, 10, 11, 17, 18, 24, 25 and 31; and Aug. 1, 7, 8, 14 and 15.
* Bluegrass jam sessions are at 6:30 p.m. Thursdays at the Kenai Senior Citizens Center. Sessions on the first Thursday of the month are at Christ Lutheran Church in Soldotna.
* Hooligan's in Soldotna has music by the Free Beer Band on Monday nights; karaoke Wednesday nights; 150 Grit on Thursday nights; and live music Friday and Saturday nights.
* Rainbow Bar in Kenai has karaoke at 10 p.m. Sundays; free Texas Hold 'Em at 7 p.m. Tuesdays; and live music with Tuff E Nuff from 10:30 p.m. until 3:30 a.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service. Dancing until 5 a.m. On Friday and Saturday Ninespine will play from 10 p.m. to 2 a.m.
* Veronica's in Kenai will host "Happy Smiles for Ivy" a fundraiser for Ivy Howland and her family will be held from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. today. The night will include fundraising, song-raising and lots of fun. An account has been opened for Ivy, called "Fundraiser for Ivy Howland," at Wells Fargo Banks where donations may be made at any time to help the family; open mic night at 6:30 p.m. Friday; Saturday, live music at 6:30 p.m.;
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and show times.
* The Seldovia Summer Solstice Music Festival will be held June 18, 19 and 20. The festival's musical headliners will be Celtic artists Mary Jane Lamond with Wendy MacIsaac. Physical comedian, dancer, juggler and actor Robert Post emcees. Jams, song circles, workshops and two evenings of performances are planned. Visit www.seldoviamusicfestival.wordpress.com for more information.
* The eighth annual KDLL Summer Solstice Music Festival will be held June 19 and 20 at the Diamond M Ranch Resort on Kalifornsky Beach Road near Bridge Access Road. Musical offerings include blues, bluegrass, rock, country and folk from 19 different bands. Festivities begin June 19 at 4 p.m. with live music continuing until 10 p.m. On June 20 Alaska's Official Balladeer Hobo Jim will kick off a full day of music at noon. Included in the line up are local bands and bands from across the state. Festivities end at midnight. In addition to the music, numerous vendors will provide food, drink, art, and fun games for the kids. Vendor space is available by calling KDLL at 283-8433 or at www.kdllradio.org
* The Moose Pass Sportsmen's Club will host a Summer Solstice festival June 20 and 21. Call Dawn Campbell at 907-288-3616.
* Fish Follies, a musical comedy, is being presented by the Sterling Senior Center to kick off its salmon classic event. It will be held June 27. The ticket price is $20 and includes the performance and dinner. The doors will open at 5 p.m.
The matinee will be June 28 at 2 p.m. The ticket price is $10 and includes dessert. Tickets for performances are available at the senior center.
For more information, call 262-6808.
* Gallery Turquoise at Mile 49.5 of the Sterling Highway in Cooper Landing is open from noon to 6 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment by calling the owner at 907-595-1434.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is located at 3779 Bartlett St. For more information, call 907-235-8635 or e-mail the museum director at email@example.com.
Submissions may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 283-3299 or dropped off at the Clarion office at 150 Trading Bay in Kenai. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
© 2018. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us