* The Quilting on the Kenai Quilt Walk will be held through Sunday at the following Soldotna businesses: Dragonfly Gallery, Chez Moi Boutique, Northcountry Fair, Donna's Country & Victorian Gifts, Frame's & Things, Tammy's Flowers & Gifts, Birch Tree Gallery, Trinity Greenhouse, Foot Flare & Wear, River City Books, Odie's Deli and Robin Place Fabrics.
* The California Young People's Symphony Orchestra will perform a free concert at 7:30 p.m. Friday at the Renee C. Henderson Auditorium at Kenai Central High School, in conjunction with the Central Peninsula Community Orchestra.
* "Shaky Beat," a modernized Shakespeare musical, will be performed by the Kenai Performers Summer Theater Teen Camp at the Old Town Playhouse 7 p.m. Friday and Saturday and 3 p.m. Sunday. Tickets are $10 for general admission, $8 for seniors and students. The show is directed by Paul Morin, with music by Stephanie Bouchard.
* Laura Faeo and Regina McAbee have a show at the Kenai Fine Arts Center this month.
* Painter Alice Thaggard has an exhibit at Art Works gallery in Soldotna throughout June.
* Artists Without Borders has their June exhibit displayed at the 4D Interior building in Soldotna.
* "Becoming Ron," a show by Nicole Lopez and Brandi Kerley will be at Coffee Roasters in the Red Diamond Center.
* Through the Season Quilt Group has a display of quilts at the Funky Monkey in Kenai this month.
* The Dragonfly Gallery in Soldotna will have work by Homer quilt artist Dana Lewis on display during June.
* Art by Annette Beck, Haley Trefon and Meghan Ussing will be on display at the Sterling Highway Kaladi Brothers throughout June.
* Kaladi Brothers on South Kobuk has art by Richard Bornengo during the month of June.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center has "Sacred Space: Sacred Time," an exhibit of icons from the Russian Orthodox Church, on display through the summer.
* A life drawing/mixed media class will be held at the Kenai Fine Arts Center from 6:30 to 8:30 p.m. tonight. The fee is $5. Model provided, bring your own supplies. Must be 18 or older.
* The Kenai Fine Arts Center's Saturday Art Connection features Connie Tarbox, with a stone-sculpting demonstration and activities from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturday, for ages 12 and up. For more information, call 283-7040.
* Kenai Peninsula Borough School District Art Specialist Debbie Harris will give an all ages workshop on how to make and trade artist trading cards Saturday at 1 p.m. at the Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center. All materials will be supplied for the workshop. Admission is $5 for adults, $3 for seniors and free for children.
* The 19th annual God and Country rally will be held at 6 p.m. Sunday at Kenai Central High School. Gary Thornton, a Vietnam veteran and prisoner of war, will be the featured speaker, with music by Cissy Padgett. For more information, contact JD Duncan at firstname.lastname@example.org or 262-7416.
* The Kenai Visitors and Cultural Center will hold a summer interpretive film series this week about the "Sacred Space, Sacred Time" exhibit, dog sledding, Bush pilots and Alaska natural history daily at 10 a.m., noon, 3 p.m. and 5 p.m. through Saturday. Admission is $5 adults, $3 for seniors and free for students. Call 283-1991 for more information.
* The Kasilof Historical Society's cabin museum is open from 1 to 3 p.m. Saturdays and Sundays or by appointment. It has historical displays, and area artists and crafters are invited to display their work on weekends. The cabin is at Mile 1.5 of Kalifornsky Beach Road. For more information, call 262-5125.
* The Kenai National Wildlife Refuge Visitors Center on Ski Hill Road outside Soldotna has films on wildlife, the refuge and the history of the area daily at noon, 1, 2, 3 and 4 p.m. For more information and complete program listing, call 262-7021.
* St. Elias Brewing company has music by local band Thumper's Credo tonight from 7 to 9 p.m. and music by Caribbean Slim on Tuesday from 7 to 9 p.m.
* Veronica's in Old Town Kenai will host open mic from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m. Friday and live music Saturday starting at 6:30 p.m.
* The J-Bar B located at mile 101 Sterling Highway hosts Blind Draw Doubles Horseshoe Tournament every Thursday starting at 6 p.m.
* AmVets Post No. 4 in the Red Diamond Center holds blind draw darts at 7 p.m. Wednesdays; Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Fridays and 4 p.m. Sundays; and open house and dinner at 6 p.m. and karaoke with Mary and Jack at 8 p.m. Saturdays.
* The Bow in Kenai has free Texas Hold 'em at 7 p.m. Monday and Wednesday; live music with Acoustic Rhythm Machine from 9 p.m. to 1 a.m. and pool leagues Tuesday; and live music with the Maybrey Brothers Thursday through Saturday. The men of Chippendales will be performing a "Girls Night Out" show Friday and Saturday night at 8 p.m.
* Hooligan's Saloon in Soldotna has poker Tuesdays and Thursdays starting at 5:30 p.m. and live music Thursday, Friday Saturday and Sunday nights.
* The Duck Inn on Kalifornsky Beach Road has karaoke at 9 p.m. Thursdays through Saturdays.
* The Riverside House in Soldotna hosts the After 10 party Fridays and Saturdays with Rock Star DJ Service and dancing until 5 a.m. On Saturdays starting at 6 p.m. there is a free Poker Night with Texas Hold 'em Tournaments hosted by Kenai Peninsula Poker Association. Hobo Jim will play at the Riverside Friday and Saturday nights throughout the summer from 8 to 11 p.m.
* The 406 in Kenai has karaoke with Steve and Debbie at 9 p.m. Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays.
* Mugz Coffee Lounge in The Blazy Mall will host local musicians from 5 to 9 p.m. Fridays.
* Mykel's in Soldotna has live music by Robb Justice from 5 to 9 p.m. Thursdays for local's night and Bob Ramponi plays every Friday and Saturday from 6:30 to 9:30 p.m.
* Call Orca Theaters at 262-7003 for listings and times.
* Call Kambe Cinemas at 283-4554 for listings and times.
* The Pratt Museum in Homer is open from noon to 5 p.m., Tuesday's through Sundays. Admission is free on Wednesdays. For more information, visit www.prattmuseum.org.
Submissions may be e-mailed to email@example.com. The deadline is 5 p.m. Mondays.
Peninsula Clarion © 2015. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us