* 10 a.m. -- Opening flag ceremony at the Kenai Chamber Kabin; the American Legion Post No. 20 to Post the Colors; and Scout Paret will perform National Anthem on electric guitar.
* 10 a.m. -- 5 p.m. MIDWAY Opens; Kenai Kid's Karnival / Petting ZOO; Arts and Crafts; Food Vendors; Kettle Corn; Homemade Pies; Lemonade; Cotton Candy and others.
* Boxes for Heroes will be collecting care package items to send to our Troops. Celebrate your freedom by bringing one or more of the following to help; Trail Mix, Beef Jerky, Hard Candies, Notepads, Bug Dope, Foot Powder.
* MIDWAY Entertainment -- Noon - 12:45 pm ~ Na Manu Olu Dance Troupe; 1-1:45 p.m. -- Smith Family Band; 2- 3:30 p.m.~ PARADE; 3-4 p.m. -- TuffeNuff; 4-4:15 p.m. -- Honoring Special Guests ~ City of Kenai from 4:15--5 p.m. -- TuffeNuff.
* PARADE --Noon-12:45 p.m. ~ Parade Line Up (Trading Bay Road); 2 p.m. -- PARADE. PARADE Route: Willow Street to Kenai Spur Highway to Main Street Loop ends at Cohoe Ave.
Camp-Mend-A-Heart a Free Bereavement day camp for children ages 6-12 years old an enjoyable, acceptable and supportive environment they can freely express their feelings about the death of a loved one under the guidance of professional staff and hospice volunteers.
Camp will be held August 16,17,18 at Solid Rock Bible Camp (Day Camp) Soldotna
Applications are available on website or call hospice at 262-0453 www.hospiceofthecentralpeninsula.com.
The Clarion is seeking recipes to include in its Wednesday Food section. Send recipes to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to 283-3299 or drop them by the office at 150 Trading Bay Drive in Kenai. Name, address, contact number and brief description of how you came up with or came by the recipe is needed. For more information, call Nan Misner at 335-1241 or e-mail her at email@example.com.
Recipes will be printed in the order received and as space is available.
Pet photos run on the Pets page every Tuesday. They can be color or black and white and may include people. Limit one photo per household. They may be e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, dropped off at the Kenai office or mailed to the Clarion at P.O. Box 3009, Kenai, 99611. A brief explanation of the photo, the pet's and owner's names, owner's address and phone number must be included.
Only photos with an address written on the back will be returned.
For more information, call 335-1251.
The Nonprofit Organization executive director group will meet on the first Friday of each month at noon at Charlottes in Kenai.
For more information, call Linda Swarner at 262-3111.
Public ping pong is held from 7 to 8:30 p.m. Wednesdays at Redoubt Elementary School.
For more information, call Ron at 262-7899.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us