The Nikiski pool will be closed Friday and Saturday. It and will reopen at 1 p.m. Sunday.
AmVets Post No. 4 will host an open house at 2 p.m. Saturday at its center at 35390 Kalifornsky Beach Road, Suite 30, in the Red Diamond Center. Raffles for bobcat work and a chain saw will be held. Tickets may be purchased until time for drawing. Also split the pot and door prizes are planned. A steak dinner will begin at 6 p.m. potluck side dishes are requested. For more information, call 262-3540.
The Challenger Learning Center of Alaska is offering the following camps:
* Young Astronaut Day Camps are hands-on, interactive science camps for youth ages 6 through 9 throughout the summer. Day camp is offered Tuesdays from 1 to 3 p.m. and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to noon through Aug. 13.
* Non-residential Camps -- Co-ed Cosmic Explorers Camp for youth ages 9 and 10. June 29 through July 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Co-ed Moon Explorers for youth ages 11 through 13. Tuesday through July 10 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Residential Camps -- Co-ed Shuttle Pilots for ages 13 through 15 from July 13 through 17; Payload Specialists Boys Camp for ages 10 through 12 from June 22 through 26; and Payload Specialists Girls Camp for ages 10 through 12 from July 20 through 24.
For more information, call 283-2000 or visit www.akchallenger.org.
Safe Kids Kenai Peninsula/Central Peninsula Hospital will hold car seat check-ups at the following locations.
* Aug. 19 from 1 to 4 p.m. at Kenai Fire Department;
* July 16 and Aug. 20 from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m. at Central Emergency Services Soldotna Fire Department; and
* July 28 from 1 to 4 p.m. at the Nikiski Fire Department No. 1. For more information, call Jane Fellman at 714-4539.
The program manager of Alaska's Medicare Information Office will give a workshop from 10 a.m. to noon and again from 1 to 3 p.m. July 14 at the Soldotna Senior Citizens Center.
Topics will include Part A and B coverage, switching Prescription Drug Plans, the 'donut hole', financial assistance, when to enroll and more. There will be time for questions.
Attendees are asked to bring red, white and blue Medicare card and other health insurance information such as Prescription Drug Plan card or plan information, Medicare Summary Notices, and Social Security or Medicare supplement mailings.
To set up an appointment at another time, call Judith Bendersky or Jeanne Larson at 800-478-6065, or 908-269-3680 in Anchorage.
The Boys and Girls Club is taking registrations for basketball camp for youth in grades second through sixth, from 9 a.m. to noon Aug. 3 through 7 for boys and Aug. 10 through 14 for girls at the Kenai Recreation Center. The cost is $75 on or before July 17 and $100 after July 17. Membership is required. For more information, call 283-3318 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
© 2017. All Rights Reserved. | Contact Us