The Challenger Learning Center of Alaska is offering the following camps:
* Young Astronaut Day Camps are hands-on, interactive science camps for youth ages 6 through 9 throughout the summer. Day camp is offered Tuesdays from 1 to 3 p.m. and Thursdays from 10 a.m. to noon through Aug. 13.
* Non-residential Camps -- Co-ed Cosmic Explorers Camp for youth ages 9 and 10. June 29 through July 2 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.; and Co-ed Moon Explorers for youth ages 11 through 13. Tuesday through July 10 from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m.
* Residential Camps -- Co-ed Shuttle Pilots for ages 13 through 15 from July 13 through 17; Payload Specialists Boys Camp for ages 10 through 12 from June 22 through 26; and Payload Specialists Girls Camp for ages 10 through 12 from July 20 through 24.
For more information, call 283-2000 or visit www.akchallenger.org.
The 10 year reunion weekend for the Nikiski High School class of 1999 will begin with a catered dinner July 25th at the North Peninsula Rec. Center at 6:30 p.m. followed by dessert and a slideshow.
On July 26 a Family Fun Day will be held at the Nikiski pool fields from 2 to 5 p.m attendees are asked to bring a side dish and your family.
For details and to purchase tickets for the catered dinner visit www.classcreator.com/Nikiski-AK-Nikiski-Juniorsenior-1999. Tickets must be purchased by Friday.
Pet photos can be color or black and white and should be no smaller than 3-by-5 inches. They may include people. Limit one photo per household. They can be dropped off at the Kenai office, mailed to the Clarion at P.O. Box 3009, Kenai, 99611, or e-mailed to firstname.lastname@example.org. A brief explanation of the photo, the pet's and owner's names, owner's address and phone number must be included.
Only photos with an address written on the back will be returned. For more information, call 335-1237.
The North Peninsula Recreation Service Area will host the following activities and events:
* North Community Recreation Center hours are from 10 a.m. to 8 p.m. Mondays through Fridays.
* The Teen Center is open from 3 to 8 p.m. Mondays through Friday.
* Summer Day Camp will be held through Aug. 6 Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. with activities for boys and girls in grades one through six.
For more information, call 776-8800.
Peninsula Clarion ©2014. All Rights Reserved.